New Holland Power shuttle transmission

/ New Holland Power shuttle transmission #11  
just read this and i have a 675e that has this powershift trans and love it.had it now 3 years and no problems.as far as taking power the engine never dies down for mine is 110hp but could amagine even 90hp being any diffrent.and the way it down shifts and up shifts you cant hardley tell it,smooth as silk.it is made by clark and ford used them for years in there bid farm tractors and was very dependable as i gather.it take dexron3 trans fluid and even at 0 deg temps it works perfect.i buy new backhoe every 4 years and this is my 6th ford newholland and 1st trans like this but all from here on out will be just like this one.and it even has a speedometer in it.talk about kool

/ New Holland Power shuttle transmission #12  
From my limited experience, a torque converter transmission in a backhoe just takes a little getting used to. Here's a humorous story about my first experience:

My first experience with a backhoe's torque converter transmission was driving a Ford 555D across town. I started off just fine but my commute soon brought me to a red light at a busy intersection on a slight uphill grade. Lacking experience, I decided that choosing 4th gear would be my best choice for crossing the intersection when the light turned green. Mistake. When the light turned green, I gave the Ford the berries...and it SLOWLY built up momentum from snails pace, to a crawl, to a slow walking pace. It just wasn't building any speed. It was like I had engaged a creeper gear. I was only halfway across the intersection when my light turned red again! That is how I learned how torque converter transmissions work. It will slip until the cows come home when it is under load. I learned my lesson quickly and I started out in second gear and shifted up through 3rd and 4th at the next stop sign. That method made a huge difference in acceleration.

/ New Holland Power shuttle transmission