Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar___
    Tractor
    Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB

Default What's happening with the Ingersoll rand

BL series tractors? I called IR about this BL570 and they said they "sold off" all the "Bobcat" type machinery. INGERSOLL-RAND BL570 For Sale at MachineryTrader.com

This is a really nice small machine-who bought these off I/R?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    1984 Kubota B7200D (Sold 2015,) L39(2005) Kubota RTV 900 (2005), Komatsu PC75UU2E(1997), Mahindra Max28XL Shuttle (2013)

Default Re: What's happening with the Ingersoll rand

Quote Originally Posted by L39Builder
    BL series tractors? I called IR about this BL570 and they said they "sold off" all the "Bobcat" type machinery. INGERSOLL-RAND BL570 For Sale at MachineryTrader.com

This is a really nice small machine-who bought these off I/R?

Last year a 2005 BL570 went for $26K at auction on Iron Planet with 300 hours on it! I guess they were poor sellers. I've seen them up close and they look like they would eat an L48 as a snack. They spec about 80% a full size TLB, which was a lot for a 10,000 lb machine

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat B300

i have a B300 bobcat. yes for their size they are very strong. from what i understand Bobcat is not marketing them anymore. last i heard ingersoll is supposed to continue selling them. every time i am running mine i am shocked they aren't more popular. if you get a chance demo one and enjoy. they are steal at the prices they are selling for at auction.

Tractor

I/R told me they sold off the whole TLB division, but wouldn't tell me who they sold it to.

The 570 with enclosed cab would probably be the ideal machine for me, but alas I'm going full size because I don't think the I/R machines will have enough service/parts support to make me feel comfortable.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat B300

i have read i/r sold off their road equipment bussiness to Volvo. if you are thinking about a bl570 parts aren't to big of a concern in my opinion. hydraulics is mostly rexroth and readily available, the engine is kubota so again parts are available. the drives are antonio carrero from what i understand so parts for that may be a longer wait but also shouldn't give much trouble till the hours are up there. there are a bunch of older threads on here by mchaalkley that says quite a bit about the 570.
    originally they were built by earthforce and i believe earthforce was purchased by I/R because at the time they may have been perceived as coompetition to the bobcat ss/ mini-ex combo system they use in their marketing. granted the combo is better than a tlb but, i would have a hard time finding a combo with the same hours with the same capabilites as either the B300 or 570 for the price they can be had for.
    if you like the bl570 you might want to check JCB. they have a tlb almost identical that seems to be getting excellant reviews. also theirs you can get AC in the cab i believe. personally i'm not a big JCB fan but they seem to be really trying to get more into the US market. we'll see.
    good luck,

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2005 Ingersoll Rand Bl370b

Glad to hear something about the bL series tractors in the construction forum,
    Bobcat/Ingersoll Rand. I bought a new 2005 IR BL370 at auction for $24,500 in 2006. I was looking at a L39 at the time. The price and specks of the Ingersoll Rand were better than the L39 or L48. I haven't used mine that much have about 250 hrs on it. I have never gotten any good service from Bobcat or IR on the tractor. I have bought a backhoe bucket and a ripper form a salesman that is about it. It kind of sucks that they don't offer any support for the tractor and they put earth force out of business and abandoned the line. I knew that when I purchaced it. David

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by davidseaquist
    Glad to hear something about the bL series tractors in the construction forum,
    Bobcat/Ingersoll Rand. I bought a new 2005 IR BL370 at auction for $24,500 in 2006. I was looking at a L39 at the time. The price and specks of the Ingersoll Rand were better than the L39 or L48. I haven't used mine that much have about 250 hrs on it. I have never gotten any good service from Bobcat or IR on the tractor. I have bought a backhoe bucket and a ripper form a salesman that is about it. It kind of sucks that they don't offer any support for the tractor and they put earth force out of business and abandoned the line. I knew that when I purchaced it. David
    That's exactly why I think I'm gonna pass on the 570 and just buy a full sized. The machine itslef looks like it's just right, but they look to be orphaned stepchildren without much "parental support".

If they were still in production, I just might have passed on the full size and taken a chance on one.

Interesting to hear Volvo may have bought them. Volvo backhoes are built in the Samsung backhoe factory in Korea.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2005 Ingersoll Rand Bl370b

I hope that Volvo has purchased the right to produce the bobcat /IR tlb's and they choose to refine them more and market them. I don't think they would have the same marketing problems as bobcat. Although Volvo does make skid steers ,well I will be optimistic anyways. I think they are great tractors David

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    1984 Kubota B7200D (Sold 2015,) L39(2005) Kubota RTV 900 (2005), Komatsu PC75UU2E(1997), Mahindra Max28XL Shuttle (2013)

JD310J with 79 HP optional engine would be a real step up for L-39 Builder.

To bad it cost double what guys like us can afford.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by mike69440
    JD310J with 79 HP optional engine would be a real step up for L-39 Builder.

To bad it cost double what guys like us can afford.
    Yeah....I saw that one....a real head turner. Can you believe the little FEL toggle switch on the B/H joystick control? that's so cool!Deere makes the best full size TLB's, IMO.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast