Komatsu D20A-6 ?

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ? #102  
wont be long and he'll be fabing up a 3pt for the back of his dozer!

I love the mods!

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ?
Steve,
Glad you like the mods.

The TPH - Not too far fetched of an idea, I have entertained that idea. Not sure if I need / want a TPH quite yet. I am thinking of somehow being able to mount my TPH backhoe on it. Sub-frame or something that would be real easy to get it on and off.

Larry

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ? #104  
I don't know if it has been covered yet as I'm jumping in here late, but one thing to keep in mind on your Komatsu. They use their own style of fittings. Not everywhere, but more so than not. They look like JIC but have a different thread and a 30 degree seat as opposed to 37 degree for JIC. You won't find these fittings at an auto store or TSC. You may want to call around and check where you can get them before you really need them.

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ?
Andy,

You are correct, all the hydraulic fittings are 30* JIS (Japanese Industrial standard) as opposed to JIC. The JIS fittings are readily available on-line or at any decent industrial hydraulic repair shop or supplier. (they have the ability to make hoses with JIS fittings. I've already had a couple of hoses made so that I could tap into the hydraulics. That's how I installed the valve to control the dump trailer. (See page 9 reply# 89 of this thread) here is just one of many on-line sources for those fittings -> Japanese Industrial Standard Fittings

Do you stock those fittings?

Larry

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ? #106  
GuglioLS said:
Andy,

You are correct, all the hydraulic fittings are 30* JIS [/URL]

Do you stock those fittings?

Larry

I think you may want to check again. They may be JIS, but I've never seen JIS on a Komatsu. Komatsu has their own fitting, called Komatsu Thread. They don't interchange. I may be wrong here, you have the machine, I don't. But, they are 2 distinctly different threads. JIS has the same thread pitch as British pipe thread, believe it or not, they are not metric. Komatsu thread is a metric pitch.

And yes, I do stock both JIS and Komatsu. I also stock adapters to JIC.

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ? #107  
GuglioLS said:
Thanks Guys!
I pulled off the dozer floor plate & the drivers seat to access the existing dozer valve and to route in two new hoses. I had the hoses made with Komatsu JIS 22 mm x 1.5 mm metric female on one end and 3/4" NPT pipe thread on the other. No messing around with adapters. I had all the fittings & quick connects to add the remote valve, so it all went together rather quickly.

I just looked at the thread on page 9. Quote is above.
22mm x 1.5mm is komatsu thread on a 1/2" hose. JIS this size would measure 1/2" x 14 threads per inch. I just tried to screw a JIS female on a Komatsu male, no go. JIS is usually on European stuff. I've seen it a lot on Allis Chalmers tractors made in Romania.

Something I've been wondering. Is there any komatsu thread hoses on there that look like they may be 4 wire hose? (4 k.p.s.i.) I was wondering if I should stock 4 wire Komatsu crimp fittings. I haven't had a call for them yet, but they are a lot of money to stock. I would like to have them, but if there aren't any out there, why bother.

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ?
The Komatsu cone seal is 30* (JIS) however, yes the threads are metric (Komatsu).
My statement
GuglioLS said:
Komatsu JIS 22 mm x 1.5 mm metric female
is basically correct, I guess what I should have said was "Komatsu fittings - (30* JIS cone seat) with 22 mm x 1.5 mm metric female threads" sorry if that confused you or anyone else - my bad. The shop that made the hose for me used a 5/8" 3000? or 4000? psi (not sure) hose on it as opposed to a 1/2" one. I guess they have a good stock of Komatsu crimp hose ends for many different applications. I don't know if it's a four wire hose or not, the bottom line is I was able to tap into the hydraulics, so now I have a remote on my dozer that operates my home made hydraulic dump trailer, to me, that's what really matters the most. :)

Larry

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ? #109  
A bit off subject- hope it is OK-
are you familier with the fittings on my case 170c excavator ( made by poclain in france) I have had to cut the hoses off of the fittings, then cut the barb off and weld on a male fitting I got from the hydraulic shop. This allowed me to attach a standard new hose with fittings to the machine. The last time I had this done I had 5 foot of 5KPSI hose made and I cost me about 330 bucks. I was wondering if there are any adaptors for these french type conectors.
P.S They are made like a exhaust flange fitting and bolt together with 2 bolts.
rick roberts

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ?
I've been doing quite a bit of work on the new road with the dozer. Been hauling dirt up to the hairpin turn with the dump trailer every weekend since completing all the firewood cutting for the season. Last week I picked up a 5 pound ABC fire extinguisher with a heavy duty metal holder strap. Today I installed it on the crawler before starting the days work activities on the road. We now have fire extinguishers installed on every Tractor, Dozer, ATV, all our autos, every room in the house, garage, basement and barn. Out here in the high & dry mountain desert it's prudent to have them in sight and within easy reach.
First was to find a suitable location with access from either the drivers seat or standing nearby. It also had to be out of the way and not obstruct my vision or operation, with protection from being ripped off by tree branches. I settled on mounting it to the ROPS. The tubes are 3" square 1/4" think, so I don't think drilling a few 5 mm holes are going to make any difference in it's integrity. The 5 mm holes were then tapped 6mm x 1 mm thread pitch. These are the smallest "bolts" anywhere to be found on the dozer. I want to keep everything on it metric to keep it simple.

Larry