Komatsu D20A-6 ?

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ? #131  
Machine arrived today, new paint makes a machine look nice but as many say, what does it hide. Mixed emotions of pride, happiness and disappointment, started first kick, but no gauges work, no fuel, no engine temp and no lights working front or rear. dealer assured all worked in yard and was prepared to send someone to see to check , they are 2000kms away...... I've said hold on may be something silly But got to respect that sort of dealer support. Can't wait to play but not before things are working. Mixed messages on availability of filters, one dealer saying they aren't available in Australia other saying they can be cross matched , will see in coming weeks.

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ? #132  
   / Komatsu D20A-6 ? #133  
Machine arrived today, new paint makes a machine look nice but as many say, what does it hide. Mixed emotions of pride, happiness and disappointment, started first kick, but no gauges work, no fuel, no engine temp and no lights working front or rear. dealer assured all worked in yard and was prepared to send someone to see to check , they are 2000kms away...... I've said hold on may be something silly But got to respect that sort of dealer support. Can't wait to play but not before things are working. Mixed messages on availability of filters, one dealer saying they aren't available in Australia other saying they can be cross matched , will see in coming weeks.

Good luck to you. I honestly wish it works for you. Wanted to buy one myself to do some "damage" to my property but at the end I hired a guy to remove bunch of trees with large CAT.

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ? #134  
Good luck with you new "TOY" :thumbsup:

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ? #135  
Hi, I had that problem with mine at one time,I had to send it out and split it open to repair the steering cluch because it froze from lack of use.I am looking to sell mine if you are interested, I has had a bunch of thing reasently dont to it and need nothing.It has low hrs and the original hr meter that works(LOL).If might be interested let me know and I can tell you more about it.Hope this helps a bit.

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ? #136  
Hi, I had that problem with mine at one time,I had to send it out and split it open to repair the steering cluch because it froze from lack of use.I am looking to sell mine if you are interested, I has had a bunch of thing reasently dont to it and need nothing.It has low hrs and the original hr meter that works(LOL).If might be interested let me know and I can tell you more about it.Hope this helps a bit.

Hi lil2500...Yup...Tore the clutch pack down myself...one ****-of-a time getting that thing outta' there...a long story there...for some other time. I know someone who is wanting to buy my little dozer. Depending on the $$ involved...I might consider a side-move to ger into a lower time machine. Reply to ettabor@bellsouth.net or 985-229-4314 to discuss what you have & want for it. Thanks ! etomt

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ?
Its been a while since I posted an update on my Komatsu D20-A Dozer.

A while back I installed a "Tiny Tach"
Before doing that I did some testing on my tractor to see how well the tractor tach and "Tiny Tach" correlated, I tested it at several RPM's to check linearity. See the results below.....

I was impressed, both the tiny tach and the accuracy of the Tractor tach exceeded my expectations. It's more than just a tach and hour meter, it's got 2 service reminders, a job timer as well as a max RPM indicator.

Now that I'm convinced it works, time to install it on the Dozer which has no tach.

Larry

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ?
First was to sand all the paint off then install the transducer onto an accessible fuel injector line, then mount the tach to the dash. After making sure the device works properly, I painted over the transducer and injector line per the manufacturers recommendation:

It runs off 12 volts, but the dozer is 24, so I had to make a 24 to 12 volt regulated power supply. No pics of that so as not to bore you.

Larry

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ?
The below pics describe and show all the features of the tiny tach. I like it.... allot:

I think the last "toy" the Dozer needs now is an oil pressure gauge.

Larry

/ Komatsu D20A-6 ? #140  
Very nice work as usual Larry, but you left out one important detail (for me anyway): Where did you get it? It looks like a real winner.

As for your oil pressure gauge, I'll share what I used in three places. Coolant temp, engine oil pressure, and fuel oil pressure (which really helps when I get attacked by the bugs). All are connected to a strobe light under the ROPS. Another option would be a piezo elerctric speaker.
IMGA0294.JPG IMGA0293.JPG

http://www.fwmurphy.com/20p_25p/

Last edited: