Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516
    Tractor
    Jinma 354, Ford 1953 NAA Golden Jubilee, Komatsu Bulldozer

Default Re: Komatsu D20A-6 ?

Quote Originally Posted by john25mm View Post
    Does anyone know if the hydraulic system on a D20a-5 is stackable i.e. can I add another hydraulic circuit to the system? I want to make a 3 point hitch to the back of my dozer and this would be the easiest way to do it. I want to be able use some of my 3 poin tools and make a ripper attachment also. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated

John,

Yes you can put a valve in series, I did just that to operate my log splitter, dump trailer and future ripper. I also plan on some sort of future TPH arrangement as well. See post 89 on page 9 of this thread.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/c...ml#post1246392

What you need to do is place a valve in series between the output of the pump and the input of the OEM control valve. One of the large steel lines will have to be removed from the valve that goes to the pump. It's a little hard to get to, but do-able. The seat, seat plate, and floor plate will need to be removed. You have to find a hydraulic shop that can make hoses with 30* JIS (Japanese industrial Standard not JIC) 22 mm dia x 1.5 mm thread pitch metric female (Japanese Komatsu) Metric thread fitting on one end and whatever fitting you need for the new valve on the other. Use at least 5/8" ID hose and a good at least 20 GPM rated valve and you wont have any problems.

Larry
    My Fortune cookies:
    If you have to ask if you can do something, you probably can't.
    Life is short, especially if you forget to wake up the next day.
    He who hurries wastes time.
    If you must select between two evils, choose the one you haven't tried before.
    Tractor hydraulics is not rocket science.

Tractor
    new holland, komatsu, yanmar

Default Re: Komatsu D20A-6 ?

MR. Guglio LS, I have a komatsu d20a-6 like yours, I need to replace the right steering clutch I torn it down and have the tracks jacked up off the ground. I've turned the right track to get the bolts out of the clutch. But, I can't turn the left track to get to the bolts on the bottom of the clutch. The other thing is how on earth do I get that monster out of there. I can't afford to pay a dozer repair man to do this please advise. many thanks,
    jamesreeves811@yahoo.com

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516