BBQ grills great find next to the dumpster

/ BBQ grills great find next to the dumpster #1  

Sprinklerman

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland 1925 Kubota bx 24
I was picking up some parts at the irrigation supply house , and a couple doors down there is a high end outdoor kitchen business . A guy was unloading this stainless grill , and getting a new really BIG one . I walked over and asked what you doing with the old grill ? ( I saw it was stainless steel , I was thinking scrap metal a couple bucks) The guy says you can have it , and the business even loaded it on my trailer with a forklift . ( weighs around 300 lbs ) He tells me it works but needs burners . So I get it home and look it up . Its a dynamic cooking systems DCS 48d -bqr with cabinet . I see what they are retailing for today .........$ 7100.00
Yes Seven grand . So I break out the power washer and clean it for an hour and it looks good . let it dry off and the burner for the wood chips is shot . The others look fine . So I grab a propane bottle and give it a try . turn the spark ignitors , nothing . So I grab the grill lighter and every burner fires up .even the wood chip one , but it still needs replacement . Broke it all down last night , and ordered all the parts on line . Ignitors , wood chip tray , and ceramic things ........ $ 138.00 .

this thing is well built . I would never drop that kind of cash on a grill , but for a couple hours and less than $ 150 in parts , no problem .

/ BBQ grills great find next to the dumpster #2  
Wow good find on that, sometimes it pays to be at the right place at the right time.

/ BBQ grills great find next to the dumpster #3  
Photo's would be cool when you get it all restored..

/ BBQ grills great find next to the dumpster #4  
Awesome score!

It amazes me how much people will spend on grills. At some point, they really can't cook any better. I think it may be more about having a fancy looking outdoor kitchen setup.

/ BBQ grills great find next to the dumpster #5  
Most people dump grills because the burners rust out. They don't know you can replace them for 10 bucks each. A stainless grill should last forever.

People are dumb and some people are lazy. Their loss. Your gain.

/ BBQ grills great find next to the dumpster #6  
I'd like to take some of that $$$ wasted on stainless grill and make a stainless mower deck.

/ BBQ grills great find next to the dumpster #7  
$7k grill not working? Go buy another, larger one instead of fixing it. That folks, is what we call "rich people problems."

/ BBQ grills great find next to the dumpster #8  
I'd like to take some of that $$$ wasted on stainless grill and make a stainless mower deck.

Now there is a great idea.

Stainless mower deck, and in fact should really not add more than 10% to to the price, and at that maybe not even as it would be the same dies and no paint and preparation work.

Branding would be decals.

/ BBQ grills great find next to the dumpster
Now there is a great idea.

Stainless mower deck, and in fact should really not add more than 10% to to the price, and at that maybe not even as it would be the same dies and no paint and preparation work.

Branding would be decals.

I think the dixie chopper ZTR has one .

/ BBQ grills great find next to the dumpster #10