Am I the only one who can't eat pork

/ Am I the only one who can't eat pork #21  
Not allergic to cats just couldn't eat a whole one.
Red wine gives me gout but I bravely battle on and support a local industry....

Well played sir, well played.

/ Am I the only one who can't eat pork #22  
Not allergic to cats just couldn't eat a whole one.
Red wine gives me gout but I bravely battle on and support a local industry....

Why can't you eat porK? Does it make you sick, or a reaction or something?

Cat's need low and slow. Par boil them first, then finish in the broiler. ;)

/ Am I the only one who can't eat pork #23  

Cat's need low and slow. Par boil them first, then finish in the broiler. ;)

Nah....much better in stir fry.

/ Am I the only one who can't eat pork #24  
I had a co-worker that found out he was allergic to pork, all of it. He eventually stopped eating any and all pork products. Oh, and coffee too. Pork made him nauseous, and the coffee, caused problems in the nether regions, so to speak.

/ Am I the only one who can't eat pork

Just feel nauseous and very heavy in the stomach for a few hours and can't do anything, simple solution is I avoid it at all costs but get caught out sometimes when I eat it unwittingly.
I have had some strange foods in my time and even had an Arabic version of turducken, was camel stuffed with lamb stuffed with goat, wasn't too bad with the spiced meats but could be a problem to fit on the weber.
That was on an air cargo drop in Egypt where we stayed for a couple of days while getting some repairs done, the local Air Force Officers Club put it on for us.
Often wonder if I have had cat??????

/ Am I the only one who can't eat pork #27  
As a 4 yr. old I remember being given strips of pork fat like what is on bacon to chew on raw, when we went to the local butcher one time. It was good. I love pork, especially the light meat!

/ Am I the only one who can't eat pork #28  
Just feel nauseous and very heavy in the stomach for a few hours and can't do anything, simple solution is I avoid it at all costs but get caught out sometimes when I eat it unwittingly.

I get the same with with SOME tomatoe-based sauces, like pizza sauce and BBQ sauce. Tastes great... couple hours later, not so much. It's only a couple restaurants where it happens, but it's consistent across the chain. So its something in their particular sauce, because I don't get like that at other places, or at home.

On a lettuce note, I know a guy (that's the beginning of all tall tales), that used to work for a major food prep company. They did sauces, pre-packaged veggies, etc... for many national food chains. I mentioned to him that I almost always get queasy at X restaurant, and he said they use an ingredient to keep lettuce from browning that about 20% of the population has digestive problems with. It's a known issue.

When I was young, I ate at a certain poultry restaurant and threw up within half an hour of eating there. I tried again several years later, and threw up again. Tried it two more times while dating my wife, and yep, threw up two more times. So something in that mix of seasonings just doesn't agree with me. :p

/ Am I the only one who can't eat pork #29  
   / Am I the only one who can't eat pork #30  
, and he said they use an ingredient to keep lettuce from browning that about 20% of the population has digestive problems with. It's a known issue.

Do you know what that ingredient is/was? I have thought that to be the case but have never known for certain.