Rotisseries

/ Rotisseries #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
Have had one of the Ronco rotisserie for a few year now. I thought "As seen on TV" and "Sett it and forget it" would be a piece of junk...
We have used it at least once a week for 5 years now. It still keep chugging away!

Our favorite is a whole chicken, although we also do pork roast here and there.

Now I want a vertical rotisseries fro schwarma/gyro and pork Al Pastor...

/ Rotisseries #2  
We like doing sirloin tips of beef on the grill rotisserie...

/ Rotisseries #3  
I miss my old charcoal Ball-BBQ for doing rotisserie chicken. Figured it was just taking up room. Wanted to buy another and found the price of charcoal BBQs has just become absurd! Even at Habitat for Humanity.

Listening to that sound and smelling the chicken grease for hours in anticipation of the falling apart BBQed bird is something I miss.

/ Rotisseries #4  
When I was a kid, my dad canabalized the electric rotisserie motor and adapted it to his telescope to track the stars... so I can say that I never had a rotisserie cooked meal until my late 20's when my mother-in-law gave us a baby George Foreman rotisserie. Thing works great! Stick a chicken in it. Tie it up with baker's twine. Put a 1/4 stick of butter in the cavity. Sprinkle on the Mrs. Dash liberally. Set it for 90 minutes. BING! It's done. :licking:

/ Rotisseries #5  
We love ours.. cooks chickens & turkeys to perfection..
& EASY TOO..

/ Rotisseries #6  
Best chicken I ever made was a rotisserie on the grill.

LOL... I then decided to have friends over and put 2 on... without thinking. I was so used to grilling being nothing more than adding another steak, that I didn't add time for the second chicken. I think it was an extra HOUR cooking to get them both done.

I still catch grief over my 'chicken chef' abilities... and the funny thing is, that is the ONLY thing I have really actually screwed up on the grill. All the steaks, ribs, brisket, etc mean NOTHING to my friends.......... ingrates.......

/ Rotisseries #7  
We had big gas grills with rotisserie at 2 different houses. The rotisseries were mostly used for 1 to 2 whole chickens at a time, but I did occasionally do a pork or beef roast, and once did a black bear roast. But now with Sam's Club, and just about all the supermarket type grocery stores, having the rotisserie chickens, we just buy them already cooked.:)

/ Rotisseries #8  
Or you could just go to Swiss Chalet (hundreds of locations) and the waitress will put Rotisserie chicken on the table in a couple of minutes. A always ask for EXTRA SKIN!

/ Rotisseries #9  
How many remember the original Arby's ??...Before the beef wars or whatever it was that ruined the place...?

Before the beef fiasco and Arby's started using pressed/formed meat...there would always be huge hunks of beef in large glass sided rotisseries going...the aroma was mouth watering unreal...!

/ Rotisseries #10  
Here's one for the "FWIW" department. I cook chickens sometimes on my Weber Smoky Mountain Smoker or my BGE...and I've learned that if you apply the rubb to the chickens the night before, put them in a Baking bag overnight in the frige, the flavor and juiciness are noticeably improved...something akin to brining I suppose. I of course use my own rubb, which works really well for me (recipe posted previously in the BBQ sauce thread).