Sears GT 5000 tractor question

/ Sears GT 5000 tractor question #1  

johnny123

I know that this question is not in the correct forum but I am asking anyway..I have been reading your replys and it looks like there is alot of knowledge here..So if you can help me out please do so..

The question is---Hoe do front mounted snowblowers work on tractors? Mine is a 27 horse model and my walk behind blower seems to work ok,but I am getting too old to be jerking this thing around..I get up to as much as 4 to 5 feet of snow at the end of my drive after the plow man goes buy..What is the difference between a 2 stage blower on the tractor or the walk behind?

Is the snow blower too much for the front of the tractor..I know I will need wheel weights on the tractor..I wish I could afford to buy a bigger 4 wheel drive with a bucket,but being on disability don't help much..Thanks for any advice you have to offer...John

/ Sears GT 5000 tractor question #2  
On Sears garden tractors the snow blower is belt driven. You remove your deck and when you install the snow blower it's belt uses the V-grove on the pully that previously powered the deck. Wheel weight's are a must for any depth snow and chains are also a good idea.

A friend of mine has a 22hp Sears garden tractor with a snow blower and he is happy with how it works. He has been using it for around 6 or 7 years now.

/ Sears GT 5000 tractor question
Diesel----I really appreciate your reply..perhaps I will hear a few more form others..Thanks again-John

/ Sears GT 5000 tractor question #4  
I would think it would work fine. I've seen quite a few people with blowers on their garden tractors. I would think chains would be a must have item.

/ Sears GT 5000 tractor question #5  
I haven't used the blower on my GT5000 but I did try to use the snow blade - it was useless for anything more than 1-2 inches.

You need the weights for the rear tires and some chains but I think it would work well with the blower.

/ Sears GT 5000 tractor question #6  
I use a single stage on my JD GT 225. It works great. I get tons of snow up here in MAine also. Key is to try to keep up with the snowfall. It's easier on your machine if you keep it frompiling up over 8 inches. Sometimes, I get 3 foot piles at the end of my driveway after the snowplow goes though. I just go slowly and have no trouble at all. I have 55# wheel weights on each rim, (4) 42lb suitcase weights on the weight bracket and chains on the tires. Never been stuck.

/ Sears GT 5000 tractor question
Thank you all for the replys...So I guess I will go with the blower then..But I will need to get the weights as well......John