Sears Craftsman Rider Mower

/ Sears Craftsman Rider Mower #1  

doxford jim

Veteran Member
Tractor
1959 MF-65 sold, 2007 Jinma 554 diesel.
Hi all,

I have a Sears Craftsman rider mower with the 15.5 hp Kholer engine in it. The engine works fine and I am about to do the oil and filter change to start the season off.

Do any of you happen to know the [part numbers for the triangular air filter and the oil filter that are fitted to this engine?

Any help would greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jim

/ Sears Craftsman Rider Mower #2  
Jim, one of the things I've always liked about Sears products is that most include a manual with a parts list, exploded view, etc. But if you don't have that, you may find a manual here, but I don't know whether it will include the part numbers you want.

/ Sears Craftsman Rider Mower #3  
Jim,
Go out to your lawn mower and get the model number. It should be under the seat. It will look like this: "917.22222". Write that number down and log on to the Sears Parts site:

Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears Parts Direct | SearsPartsDirect.com from Sears

In the upper right corner you will see "find a part? Click on model then type in the number without the ".". If parts are still available it will list your lawn mower. Each mower has schematics of each section along with the Sears Part Numbers. You can either order from Sears or search to find out if your local Sears Repair has it in stock. They have gotten things to me within 5 to 6 days after ordering.

Good Luck.

Danny

/ Sears Craftsman Rider Mower
Hi Guys,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I am afraid I didn't make myself clear - duh (what else is new).
I bought the machine second hand and don't have the manual for it. I would rather have the Kholer part numbers than the Sears numbers - if someone could provide them I would be very grateful.

I hate like ****, to be tied to one supplier for parts, with the Kholer numbers I would be able to cross them to other major makes.

Thanks

Jim

/ Sears Craftsman Rider Mower #5  
doxford jim said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I am afraid I didn't make myself clear - duh (what else is new).
I bought the machine second hand and don't have the manual for it. I would rather have the Kholer part numbers than the Sears numbers - if someone could provide them I would be very grateful.

I hate like ****, to be tied to one supplier for parts, with the Kholer numbers I would be able to cross them to other major makes.

Thanks

Jim

The Kohler should have some identifying model number on it that will let you use it to get the info you need. OR you can use the Sears numbers and get a cross reference.

/ Sears Craftsman Rider Mower #6  
The 18HP Kohler on my Craftsman tractor has the various part numbers labeled on a steel tag riveted to the engine. If nothing else, find the serial number tag for the engine - it will also have the Kohler p/n for the engine. Cross reference that on the Kohler web page.

/ Sears Craftsman Rider Mower #7  
I have an old craftsman with a 18hp Briggs and Stratton that just won't die. I think she is jealous of my BX24. You know how women are. Anyway. When I go onto sears parts online and order parts via their system, the engine parts are Briggs and Stratton. Probably the same with Kohler. Actually, at my local sears repair shop they have a nice selection of engine tuneup part. My suggestion is, get the sears #s online and go to a local store and see if they are stocking the Kohler parts.

/ Sears Craftsman Rider Mower #8  
Attached is a Kohler manual. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• kohlercv15.pdf
    942.3 KB · Views: 298
   / Sears Craftsman Rider Mower
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the information.

I went to the Sears manual website and was able to get the Sears part numbers. Then went on line and got Wix equivalent for the filters and other stuff. So, thanks to you lot I am now able to buy parts without emptying my wallet too much.

Cheers

Jim

/ Sears Craftsman Rider Mower #10  
I don't know about the Kohler filters, but, I have a Craftsman with a B&S and the WIX filter is actually more expensive than the B&S filter. About $7 for the B&S versus $10 for the WIX.