craftsman 42" lawnsweeper ?

/ craftsman 42" lawnsweeper ? #1  

rollbar

Bronze Member
Tractor
2005 4520 jd
does anyone own a sears 42" lawnsweeper? are they durable and efficient? saw them on sale for 279.00 this week
thanks for any input

/ craftsman 42" lawnsweeper ? #2  
I have one and like it. I have about 1.5 acres to sweep leaves on. It fills very quick on my yard, and needs to be emptied a lot. I have 2 years on it with no problems.
Harold

/ craftsman 42" lawnsweeper ? #3  
I have one. It stays in the back of the barn. Not only does it fill up very quickly, but I had a problem with one of the wheels. The tire kept coming off of it! Tried to talk to Sears about it, they really weren't interested in making it right (big surprise, huh?) so I just put some glue on the thing and fixed it myself.

I'd love to get rid of it. Wish you were close, I'd sell it CHEAP!

/ craftsman 42" lawnsweeper ?
how old is your sears sweeper and what was sears excuse for not replacing it? I thought
satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. was it out of warranty. if so how long? thanks

/ craftsman 42" lawnsweeper ? #5  
I looked at the Craftsmans, the top one they had looked ok....most places around here sell Agri-Fab, they seem to be the most popular, they might even build them for Sears. I ended up buying a Brinly. I felt it was better built. They also build the same sweeper for John Deere and they seem to be of a higher quality then some of the other brands. One of the main reasons I bought the Brinly was because it is the only folding sweeper out there and takes up less space in my shed. I also got it with the accessory dethatcher kit which works awesome. Its a bit more money then some of the other ones, but I waited until it was on sale for like $279 at Farm and Fleet in 2007.

Brinly-Hardy Co. | Lawn Care Products | Sweepers | STDK-42LXH

HD has the JD version

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...com2froogle-_-product_feed-_-D28X-_-100361705

My best advice is to mow your leaves first, then use the sweeper to pick up the small leaf pieces and other residue. it does a great job of getting the pine needles, pine cones, leaves, twigs, etc. Lawn looks great after using it.

/ craftsman 42" lawnsweeper ? #6  
I've got that model Craftsman, and I'm quite happy with it. It doesn't get heavy use, but I use it 3 or 4 times a year. I've used it to pick up plugs after aerating and clumped grass if I wait a little too long between mowings.