craftsman tool warranty

/ craftsman tool warranty #31  
Just another twist on the ratchet replacement vs repair kit deal. I have taken a slipping Craftsman ratchet back to Sears and they gave me a used ratchet that they had replaced the "guts" in. I was satisfied because the girl showed me three ratchets to choose from. Mine was one of the older ones with coarse teeth and the rough finish on part of the handle. One of the ones she offered me was the same as my old one, the other two were newer ones, fully polished and with the fine tooth mechanism. She said take any one you want, so naturally I upgraded.:D

She explained that they send the returned ratchets to the Sears repair center and they fix them and return them to the store.
jp

/ craftsman tool warranty #32  
Just another twist on the ratchet replacement vs repair kit deal. I have taken a slipping Craftsman ratchet back to Sears and they gave me a used ratchet that they had replaced the "guts" in. I was satisfied because the girl showed me three ratchets to choose from. Mine was one of the older ones with coarse teeth and the rough finish on part of the handle. One of the ones she offered me was the same as my old one, the other two were newer ones, fully polished and with the fine tooth mechanism. She said take any one you want, so naturally I upgraded.:D

She explained that they send the returned ratchets to the Sears repair center and they fix them and return them to the store.
jp

at our sears the other day, I was walking past the tool register and they had about 15 ratchets they were repairing; seem like they save up the returns then fix them in one setting

/ craftsman tool warranty #33  
Well, according to the press release you linked we're both wrong. It was a merger rather than an acquisition.

Hang on a sec, though. A google search says you're right, according to CNN: see Kmart, Sears to merge in $11B deal - Nov. 17, 2004. I stand corrected.

Remember a few years ago, Kmart was in chapter 11? They closed and sold a number of stores. THey made a huge profit on the sale of the land. THey took the $ and bought Sears. Was quite the rags to riches story at the time.