Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #11  
I think they are the same clips they use in some of their box's today. Stop by sears and pull out a drawer and take a look.

I agree. I stil have craftsman tool box from 15 yrs ago. It may not be 40 like yours, but maybe much havent changed.

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box
Thanks, Guys. That model number helps. Now I can go to Sears and try and get a couple.

Note - the Sears parts site is really bad. I put in the model number, and it comes back and says it can't find it. Then I went on the Sears catalog, and looked at other tool boxes. Directly from their catalog, I wrote down a bunch of different model numbers - and tried putting them into the Parts search - NOTHING. It can't find any of them. I also tried a model number for a Sears humidifier I own, and for a Sears vacume. NO LUCK - The Sears "PartsDirect" site doesn't recognize ANY model numbers.

Like "DieselPower" says, I guess I'll have to physically look at a box in the Sears store. Unfortunately, I'm up in the mountains in Western Colorado, and nearest store is in Grand Junction - over 70 miles from me.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the help.

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #13  
I Sent You a PM Horsebroke , Sorry No luck finding the same Clip . Mine are Either Older that use no clip Or Newer ball bearing type . My Kennedys, Clarks & Snapons are also different , Clarks being the Closet but shorter clips . Best of Luck.

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #14  
Did anyone ever find out where to get these cips? I need some similar ones:
DSC00243 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
that are 1 5/8 inches overall length. Sears was less than helpful and I can't find anywhere online that has them, but I have found a few threads by folks who need them. I need 16 of the though and just can't locate any.

Thanks,
Dick

Here's the page I found at Sears for the spring clip
Part#M3163 $2.16

Spring flat slide, Part #M3163 | Hardware and Tools | SearsPartsDirect.com

Thanks, George, but I looked at it in the Sears catalog online, and compared the picture with mine (see my earlier post with the pic). It's not the same. CLOSE, but no Cigar.

Additionally, I posted a PM to you last evening, indicating that I tried to use the "65039" model number at Sears, and they tell me it's not enough digits.
The model number includes 3 preceding digits - like this: xxx.65039.

Anybody else out there have one of these old boxes with the label plate still in it, can supply the first 3 digits of the model num?

thanks

all - the hunt is over. George2615's reply about Sears PN M3163 is correct.

I emailed Sears with the Model number, along with a pic of my clip. They emailed me back that the M3163 IS the correct pn - it's been redesigned as a new replacement part. So I ordered some. They arrived yesterday, and worked like a champ. Thanks to all who responded, and especially to George2615. Hat's off to you. Thanks.

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #19  
Glad to hear you got some that worked.

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #20  
I have a 9-drawer Craftsman tool box I bought back in very early 70's. Yes, it's closing in on 40 years old!! Still a great box - but having a problem. Back in its ancient history, I took it to a shop to have it cleaned up (they sand-blasted it, then painted it). It still looks good. However, when I moved from Texas to Colorado in 2006, somehow, one of the spring clips that hold the drawers attached to the glides came up missing. I've tried Sears, and nobody will help me, because I don't have a model number. The model number sticker apparently disappeared when it was sand-blasted and painted... Any of you folks out there have a manual that might give me the part number for the spring clip on the drawer slides? (these are not ball-bearing slides - they're just steel glides).

OR - maybe you have one of these boxes, with the model plate still on it. Sears says it's supposed to be inside one of the top drawers - but I can't find mine anywhere...

Thx for any help.

Hi horsebroke ... I just read your comment & saw your picture of the clip you need- I NEED ONE TOO, actually I need 3! :O) Did you get any from any of the obviously helpful people on this site??? ...

If anyone out there can help me with the same type of clip that horsebroke broke needed & has a picture of here, I would really appreciate it if you wrote me back. I'd be happy to pay a reasonable amount for the clips- Thanks Much-