Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #21  
I have a 9-drawer Craftsman tool box I bought back in very early 70's. Yes, it's closing in on 40 years old!! Still a great box - but having a problem. Back in its ancient history, I took it to a shop to have it cleaned up (they sand-blasted it, then painted it). It still looks good. However, when I moved from Texas to Colorado in 2006, somehow, one of the spring clips that hold the drawers attached to the glides came up missing. I've tried Sears, and nobody will help me, because I don't have a model number. The model number sticker apparently disappeared when it was sand-blasted and painted... Any of you folks out there have a manual that might give me the part number for the spring clip on the drawer slides? (these are not ball-bearing slides - they're just steel glides).

OR - maybe you have one of these boxes, with the model plate still on it. Sears says it's supposed to be inside one of the top drawers - but I can't find mine anywhere...

Thx for any help.

Hi horsebroke ... I just read your comment & saw your picture of the clip you need- I NEED ONE TOO, actually I need 3! :O) Did you get any from any of the obviously helpful people on this site??? ...

If anyone out there can help me with the same type of clip that horsebroke needed (& has a picture of here), I would really appreciate it if you wrote me back. I'd be happy to pay a reasonable amount for the clips & shipping- Thanks Much-

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #22  
Hi horsebroke ... I just read your comment & saw your picture of the clip you need- I NEED ONE TOO, actually I need 3! :O) Did you get any from any of the obviously helpful people on this site??? ...

If anyone out there can help me with the same type of clip that horsebroke needed (& has a picture of here), I would really appreciate it if you wrote me back. I'd be happy to pay a reasonable amount for the clips & shipping- Thanks Much-

See post 18. The clip part number is M3163. Horsebroke checked it out and that number is the new redesigned clip. You can view a pic of the clip on the Sears website.

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #24  
Looking for the same clip. Did you find one,? If so, would you let me know where?

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #25  
also looking for this clip
my son is working on his tool box he just bought to use at work.
he is missing 4 of these clips and 1 of the slides is pretty messed up as well.
if anyone could part with these parts, please let us know how much to send to 75040.
thanks

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #26  
I was poking around the INTERNET trying to find a clip for my 1980 sears tool box and came across this web site. I also need one of those clips that was talked about about in 2005-2007. Does anybody still have any? If so please send me an email. Would be happy to send you a couple of bucks for your trouble.

Thanks

William Moss
williamoss1948@frontier.com

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #27  
ll those old craftsman boxes were made by Waterloo Industries, in waterloo,Iowa. I lived there at that time and I got one of the first newer style boxes in 68. The plant moved out of Waterloo and all that is left is the corporate offices. All the original owners are gone also . Why I know?. I grew up with the family that owned Waterloo Industries, formerly called the Waterloo Valve Spring Compressor Company.Glad to see the clips are still available. I have two of their boxes yet.
REt92

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #28  
i found a part that will work.... do you have the model number of your base cabinet? Craftman needs a model number so I can order more parts.

Craftman Part # M3163 SLIDE SPRING

I have a 9-drawer Craftsman tool box I bought back in very early 70's. Yes, it's closing in on 40 years old!! Still a great box - but having a problem. Back in its ancient history, I took it to a shop to have it cleaned up (they sand-blasted it, then painted it). It still looks good. However, when I moved from Texas to Colorado in 2006, somehow, one of the spring clips that hold the drawers attached to the glides came up missing. I've tried Sears, and nobody will help me, because I don't have a model number. The model number sticker apparently disappeared when it was sand-blasted and painted... Any of you folks out there have a manual that might give me the part number for the spring clip on the drawer slides? (these are not ball-bearing slides - they're just steel glides).

OR - maybe you have one of these boxes, with the model plate still on it. Sears says it's supposed to be inside one of the top drawers - but I can't find mine anywhere...

Thx for any help.

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #29  
M3163 SLIDE SPRING order from
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/index.action?sid=iexPartsxCustCarex00006a&rioptype=$opt_type_code$&sid=IEx20120827TransPDOrderConf&eml=$customer_id$

copy and paste this link

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #30  
Cowboy,
I also have a 70's Craftsman Tool Chest that has two broken drawer slide clips. My gagage has been a mess since that happened and I can't get the drawer back in the chest. The drawer just sits on my workbench taking up needed space. My clip is slightly different that the picture HORSEBROKE posted. If you look at his picture and straighten out the left hand fold and if the length then measures 3" exactly, that would be the springs I would need. The right hand side of HORSEBROKE's clip is identical to my clip. If by chance you have two of the spring I described, I would be more than happy to pay you for them and pay for the shipping to me. My e-mail is: jdm4@me.com