Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #1  

horsebroke

Bronze Member
Tractor
TYM T450
I have a 9-drawer Craftsman tool box I bought back in very early 70's. Yes, it's closing in on 40 years old!! Still a great box - but having a problem. Back in its ancient history, I took it to a shop to have it cleaned up (they sand-blasted it, then painted it). It still looks good. However, when I moved from Texas to Colorado in 2006, somehow, one of the spring clips that hold the drawers attached to the glides came up missing. I've tried Sears, and nobody will help me, because I don't have a model number. The model number sticker apparently disappeared when it was sand-blasted and painted... Any of you folks out there have a manual that might give me the part number for the spring clip on the drawer slides? (these are not ball-bearing slides - they're just steel glides).

OR - maybe you have one of these boxes, with the model plate still on it. Sears says it's supposed to be inside one of the top drawers - but I can't find mine anywhere...

Thx for any help.

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #2  
Post a pic of your box,it sounds just like my OLD machinest box at work.If so ill get you a part number.
ALAN

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #3  
Can You Post a pic of one like you need ? I Have several old boxes some of Which I very seldom even open , So I wouldn,t really miss it . If I Have one I,ll stick one in the Mail if You PM Me Your snail mail addy. Bob

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box
Here's the pix

Attachments

• Craftsman toolbox drawer clip.jpg
    Craftsman toolbox drawer clip.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 3,026
   / Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #5  
Ok Thanks for the pic, I,m Pretty sure thats the same as some I have , I,ll look in a little bit & get back to You. I got the Pm with the info . So I,ll let You know as soon as Posible . Thanks Bob

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #6  
Kennedy uses the same clip I think, try them.

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #7  
I've been thinking of buying a new toolbox lately to replace my old Craftsman boxes. Over the years mine have started to rust. I've got over 35 years use out of them and to me they are just not worth refurbishing. Besides, I need an excuse to clean up this corner of my garage and a new toolbox would motivate me.

I have the same 9 drawer bottom cabinet, a 3 drawer bottom, a 3 drawer middle, and 2 - 6 drawer tops. The set on the left was a Christmas gift back in the late 60's. The right set I bought in the early 70's. I even found the owners manual and box info sheet.

Good thing is they all use the same drawer clip you pictured. Bad thing is the manual and paperwork I found do not have model or part numbers.

If the clip Cowboy sends you doesn't work, let me know and I'll send you some of mine.

Attachments

• Tool box 001 [640x480].JPG
    Tool box 001 [640x480].JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 5,276
  • Tool box 002 [640x480].JPG
    Tool box 002 [640x480].JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 6,243
  • Tool box 003 [640x480].JPG
    Tool box 003 [640x480].JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,028
   / Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box
I've been thinking of buying a new toolbox lately to replace my old Craftsman boxes. Over the years mine have started to rust. I've got over 35 years use out of them and to me they are just not worth refurbishing. Besides, I need an excuse to clean up this corner of my garage and a new toolbox would motivate me.

I have the same 9 drawer bottom cabinet, a 3 drawer bottom, a 3 drawer middle, and 2 - 6 drawer tops. The set on the left was a Christmas gift back in the late 60's. The right set I bought in the early 70's. I even found the owners manual and box info sheet.

Good thing is they all use the same drawer clip you pictured. Bad thing is the manual and paperwork I found do not have model or part numbers.

If the clip Cowboy sends you doesn't work, let me know and I'll send you some of mine.

In your set of 2 pictures, the one on the left is exactly the same as my box. Cool. Could you look inside and see if you can find a model number on it? Sears says the model number should be on the ID plate inside one of the top drawers. thank you

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #9  
In your set of 2 pictures, the one on the left is exactly the same as my box. Cool. Could you look inside and see if you can find a model number on it? Sears says the model number should be on the ID plate inside one of the top drawers. thank you

I looked in all the drawers but there is no number. Then I happened to see a number on the gray metal just to the right of the top drawer.
The part # of the 9 drawer is 65039. My 3 drawer is # 65033 and both use the same drawer clips. Also there is a patent # which is the same on both boxes and it is 3393951. Hope this helps you out.

/ Help finding clips for Craftsman tool box #10  
I think they are the same clips they use in some of their box's today. Stop by sears and pull out a drawer and take a look.