Default Craftsman LT 1000 lawn tractor

I am wondering what a fair price would be for a
    Craftsman LT 1000 17.5 HP 42" 5 yr. old.

Tractor
    MF 1433v

Default Re: Craftsman LT 1000 lawn tractor

I paid $600 for a 2 yr old one about 5 yrs. ago. Guy I bought it from tried to use it to cut about 5 acres of field. Way over what the tractor was meant to be used for. Consequently it was pretty beat up when I got it. But with some home repairs and new belts, it's been cutting my yard (~3/4 acre) ever since. Any other tractor work, I go to my MF 1433.
    Wayne

Improvise, adapt and overcome!

Underhill, Vermont

Tractor
    Kubota L4400HST, R4 tires, L2228 Quick-attach setup

Quote Originally Posted by S.kron View Post
    I am wondering what a fair price would be for a
    Craftsman LT 1000 17.5 HP 42" 5 yr. old.
    My Craftsman LT1000 has a 21 horse Briggs in it and is about 6 yrs old. Cost new was $1059.00. So, depending on condition between 200 to 400 is about right.

Tractor
    '01 BX2200

You guys obviously don't price things down here in S FL! Mowers like that get listed on Craigslist all the time for $1000 and up!!!!! I hope that none of them actually sell for anywhere near the asking price. I would would think that a more realistic price for yours would be about $400-500 depending on condition since it is so new, but that assumes that it has reasonable wear and hours.

FWIW, I bought my Craftsman 42" with 17 hp Kohler and hydro almost 10 yrs ago used (put just barely) for $500. I had to replace both spindles and an idler pully this year and cost about $175 for parts. If I could just keep those stumps from jumping up out of the ground!
    BX2200 w/ turf tires, LA211 loader, 4' box blade, and 60" MMM

Shh! Don't tell her she's a little tractor.....she doesn't know