SS15 HELP!

/ SS15 HELP! #1  

kristinelj

I have an SS 15, Serial number 971.25380. What is the difference between that model and the 917.25381? On the webiste it has pictures and a listing for my serial number but not the 917.25381. When I google my serial number I don't get many hits, when I google the 81 I get several. Thanks

/ SS15 HELP! #2  
I believe that the numbers you cite are model not serial numbers.
Owned an SS15 and my neighbor also owned one several years ago. Both tractors had a single cyl Briggs & Stratton eng. I was told by several people that this particular engine/ tractor combo was only produced one year. This lower production run could account for less available information.:confused2:

/ SS15 HELP!
Your correct, that is the Model number. Thanks for your reply. Maybe on one of these forums I can get some help. I am having problems starting it. It ran at one time and then one day shut off and will not start again. I think the carb is flooding. I don't have the auto pulse piece on it. Could that be the problem? Thanks for you time.

/ SS15 HELP! #4  
I would invest in a B&S repair manual (prob $10) which has lots of excellent, very detailed, instructions on every aspect of maintaining and repairing Briggs engines. It will be money well spent. You will possibly learn things you never suspected and gain a new found respect and understanding of small engines.

Be sure you get the right one. When I purchased my first one, there was only one - now there are either 3 or 4.:D
Also, get the factory Briggs and Stratton book - not a Chilton's or equivalent. One may even be available at your local library or used book store.

Jim