Gt 5000 Seat Safety Switch

/ Gt 5000 Seat Safety Switch #1  

jgrinn

How the heck do you bypass this anoying switch??

/ Gt 5000 Seat Safety Switch #2  
Just find the switch, determine how it works, and then do what is needed to intercept it. Some tie it closed, some remove it and add a jumper wire so the circuit is satisfied.

I find the reverse shut-off switch just as annoying and by-pass it as well.

I do have the feeling and thought that if one can't figure out the switch, and how it operates, that one maybe shouldn't be taking it out of the system. :)
No offense meant. Will help more if you describe how it works.

/ Gt 5000 Seat Safety Switch #3  
On the other hand, safety switches can be a godsend. My daughter was tossed off our Craftsman when she hit a small depression that had formed on our lawn after a recent rain. The mower shut down as designed, but not before one rear wheel ran over her arm. It was just slightly bruised and she is fine. The mower deck had also shut down. Mike.

/ Gt 5000 Seat Safety Switch #4  

Attachments

• Seat Switch 001.jpg
    Seat Switch 001.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 1,373
   / Gt 5000 Seat Safety Switch #5  
That safety switch should not be active unless you are in gear and/or have the blades engaged. When I mow my ditch I always think of that switch and heavens forbid I turn over or slip out of my seat the tractor will shut down.

/ Gt 5000 Seat Safety Switch #6  
I have used my tractor 3 times now for mowing, and as far as I am concerned this is a perfect fix. I can dismount to pick up debris without going through the hassle of disengaging anything.:thumbsup:

I also removed the seat arms which allows me to shift my weight to one side when mowing lengthwise on slopes. That would not be possible with that switch cutting out every time you take your weight off it. And I also am cognizant of possible turnover. But I have done this now for all my previous lawn tractors that have this silly lawyer switch and so far still have all my limbs and digits.

/ Gt 5000 Seat Safety Switch #7  
But I have done this now for all my previous lawn tractors that have this silly lawyer switch and so far still have all my limbs and digits.

Famous last words. It is like the old say "I have done it this way for years"
Personally for me those switches are there for a reason and the annoyance is worth not getting injured or killed.

/ Gt 5000 Seat Safety Switch #8  
I fully expect I am far safer using my tractor without that switch than getting in my car and going onto a public highway. While mowing my yard I know all the drivers in the vicinity (that being only me) are sane, sober and alert to everything around me. Thanks for your concern for my well being, but I have managed to survive intact for 68 years so far and expect to keep all my body intact that doesn't fall prey to natural aging. :thumbsup:

But I have done this now for all my previous lawn tractors that have this silly lawyer switch and so far still have all my limbs and digits.

Famous last words. It is like the old say "I have done it this way for years"
Personally for me those switches are there for a reason and the annoyance is worth not getting injured or killed.

/ Gt 5000 Seat Safety Switch #9  
You have to forgive my safety speech.;) Where I work you can't even pass gas without some person wanting anaylize it to see if anyone will end up with respitory distress. Guess some of it has rubbed off on me:eek:

/ Gt 5000 Seat Safety Switch #10  
You have to forgive my safety speech.;) Where I work you can't even pass gas without some person wanting anaylize it to see if anyone will end up with respitory distress. Guess some of it has rubbed off on me:eek:

Don't feel bad Sumpter; I just bit my tongue and prayed for the safety of anyone that sits in that seat.