1999 or so Green garden tractor Craftsman

/ 1999 or so Green garden tractor Craftsman #1  

KB9UDE

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 John Deere x758
I bought this tractor and blade today. Can anybody tell me what model it is and years produced.

24HP Kohler PRO engine
46" deck
48" dozer blade

Tractor is green in color. Owner says it was bought new in 1999
Sorry the pics are from website where I bought it. I will post pics soon.

Anything I need to look out for and suggestions accepted :thumbsup:

Attachments

• a tractor.JPG
    a tractor.JPG
    960.5 KB · Views: 1,469
  • b plow.jpg
    b plow.jpg
    962.5 KB · Views: 2,212
   / 1999 or so Green garden tractor Craftsman #2  
Is the sticker under the seat missing? Usually that will give you a sears model number and that will open the door to Sears wonderful parts inventory and information.

What tranny do you have, manual or hydro?

It looks very much like mine but my deck is a 50" and the tranny is a hydro. I bought mine in 99 or 2K and I recall it cost around $3K back then.

I had several good years with that tractor until the fuel system went south. Recently I brought it back to life by adding an electric fuel pump.

Good luck!

ps: perhaps you can capture some detailed photos of the dozer blade connections. I bought one used but it was missing parts and I never quite figured it out. Would love to make it usable next spring.

pss: from the Craftsman/Sears Forum, your question about the part number: 917 stands for American Yard Product, the company that made it and other brand names on the same production line.

Last edited:
   / 1999 or so Green garden tractor Craftsman #3  
It looks like mine also but mine has a 42" (or 46?) deck and 22HP B/S motor. Their are too many models that look very similar. You gotta find that sticker like DavidVT mentions. I really like the tranny setup on these, my kids have no problem mowing the lawn with it. I got mine free a couple years ago because one of the connecting rods came loose and made a mess. I got a new rod from Briggs, cleaned up the mess and the machine runs good. Lots of power. It mows in the summer and has a 42" snowblower for the winter.

/ 1999 or so Green garden tractor Craftsman
I bought this today as a toy more than anything. It has a hydro tranny. I believe model is 917.273200

What is this comparable to? I have been told GT3000 but I am not sure.

/ 1999 or so Green garden tractor Craftsman #6  
It's virtually identical to my GT5000 circa 2006. It has a B/S 24hp motor though and it's grey.