"Brush Hog" deck?

/ "Brush Hog" deck? #1  

MSLewis

Tractor
Craftsman GT 5000 917.276090
There's a guy on craigslist selling a GT 6000 for $125, running, good tires, but no deck (sears gt 6000 parts tractor). I'd be half tempted to grab it up, or something like it, if I could find a small "woods" deck to put under it to use off the lawn - something that'd cut through small saplings, briars & vines, etc. Does anyone make such a thing? Can heavy-duty blades be had for a deck?

/ "Brush Hog" deck? #2  
I'd be more worried about spindles and such. It's just a lawn mower, so I doubt anyone makes a haevy duty deck for it. That's just my guess. For $125, maybe it would make a good snow pusher?

/ "Brush Hog" deck?
Not enough snow here in Georgia to warrant anything like that. I have seen heavy duty spindles, though. Perhaps I could build my own "off turf" deck with those.

/ "Brush Hog" deck? #4  
There is a guy here in Houston Texas area that builds "bush hogs" from ground up (except gearboxes) that could probably build you one for the lawnmower. You may have trouble pulling a bush hog that would cut what you are asking. We say you need 5 tractor PTO HP per foot on a bush hog. I have no idea what a 25 HP lawn mower motor would put out in actual rotary HP. Give this guy a shout Clem Clemson [okyet1@hotmail.com] if you want a deck build, he may be able to help you

/ "Brush Hog" deck?
Thanks for that lead. At the very least, he may be able to authoritatively advise. I appreciate the input.

Ideally, I'd want a "belly hog" to swap out with the mower deck, not a pull behind. Narrow deck, single heavy blade, perhaps even a swiveling blade.

/ "Brush Hog" deck? #6  
Pull behinds with their own motor are common, relacement under decks aren't. Swisher and bush hog to name a couple.
David from jax

/ "Brush Hog" deck?
Maybe what I'm looking for is just a spare "beater" deck. I'm not talking about cutting down trees - just the random sapling (smaller than half inch), brambles, twigs, etc.