Hi.pto clutch stalls engine

/ Hi.pto clutch stalls engine #1  

scduck52

Tractor
craftsman 422437-1209-01
I need help on why a newly installed pto clutch when engaged shuts off engine..new belts..charged battery

/ Hi.pto clutch stalls engine #2  
Try running it without a belt on. Engage and see if it stalls it. If not, then you probably have a bad pulley.

/ Hi.pto clutch stalls engine #3  
check that all seat and clutch safety switches are operating also. If the switch is bad the engine will shut off when the clutch is let out.

/ Hi.pto clutch stalls engine
I just bought new battery and a operation presence relay switch for this craftsman 917255914 does this switch operate with the pto or what does this switch do?

/ Hi.pto clutch stalls engine #5  
I imagine it is located in the seat base and will shut everything off if the operator is thrown or is not present. Safety switches are hooked in series circuits.

/ Hi.pto clutch stalls engine #6  
When you flip the pto switch...does it die normally like you turned off the key, or does it squeal or smoke?

If it the mower starts, and lets you drive it around until you turn the pto on, I would look at the pto clutch, or pto switch, pto safety switch, or wiring to them.
Maybe they're better now, but it didn't used to be too unusual to get a new clutch that was bad out of the box.