Sears rear tine tiller operation

/ Sears rear tine tiller operation #1  

miata351

I have a Sears rear tine tiller that the owners manual states to crank, place the wheels in the WHEEL DRIVE positon and the depth regulator lever all the way down to the transport positon but the manual does not decribe how to do either of these. The tiller is Model No. 247-29930 on the manual cover but Model No. 618-04815 on the ID plate, serial no. is 1D049P20197. It's like the tiller is locked in gear, keeping it from cranking. How do I move the DRL and the wheel drive position is the inner set of locks I think?

/ Sears rear tine tiller operation #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Sears rear tine tiller operation #3  
:welcome:This may not be the case in your situation, but most owner's manuals include a pictorial page or pages indicating the individual parts. Hopefully you can locate the DRL in this way and move the lever down to the desired position. A possibility? Good Luck. Wish that I could have been more helpful.:)

/ Sears rear tine tiller operation #4  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Craftsman/Sears Forum.

/ Sears rear tine tiller operation
Thanks for your reply. Was able to get the tines down to the lowest setting but tiller still will not crank. Talked to Sears and tiller is still under warrenty so they are coming out to repair it, just hope they don't say that the problem is not covered.