Craftsman Gt3000 garden tractor.

/ Craftsman Gt3000 garden tractor. #1  

Anonymous Poster

I bought this tractor in December 01 I bought a sleeve hitch, and metal dump cart and a box scraper.with it . Since than I installed a electric actuator to lift the ground engagement tools with a flip of a switch. I also fould a small potato plow to drag and a harrow [also a disc that needs some repair].and a homemade drag to smooth out the dirt. I have stored the tractor in the garage.When I bought it I took off the new mower deck and hung it up on the wall of my garage.[heavy duty 48" mower deck ] it has never been used I have no grass. It has a 23 hp kohler gas engine With a hydrostatic transmission. I also juist installed an hour meter.
it seems like a good solid lawn tractor . Does any one else own one of these ? I was thinking of selling it any idea how much it would be worth. Daivd.

/ Craftsman Gt3000 garden tractor. #2  
David,
What was the price new for the tractor? around $2,200?
How many hours are on the engine?
PJ

/ Craftsman Gt3000 garden tractor.
I was curious what it was worth if I sold it I spent 1,200 dollars on attachments and 2,200 to 2,500 for the tractor I only had the hour meter inatalled a fiew weeks ago and it reade 1/2 hour. It is fun to play with drive and down our private street haul trash cans down and up my hill hall tools and work with the box scraper ect. I don't think I would really sell it. Even it I buy a larger tractor with hydrolics and a front end loader. Does and one else have one of these tractors if so what do you use it for ? If I had to guess the hours mayby around 75 to 100 hrs only a guess. I don't use it too often. It sits in the garage most of the time. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
David

/ Craftsman Gt3000 garden tractor. #4  
My guess is that you could get around 1800 for that unit on the open market. If you can find the right buyer that wants all the attachments with the tractor you may want to cut a package deal.
PJ

/ Craftsman Gt3000 garden tractor. #5  
i have a crafstman 18hp gt, have had it for 11 years , great machine, i also have a kubota b2400. i guess my question is? if u have this gt and hardly ever use it(no grass) and i am sure no snow /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif why would you need a bigger tractor?

To push dirt reslope my yard. cut weeds with brush hog generally have fun I havn't done much work outside of my home eventually I want a grass lawn. David

I have a Crafstman 18.5 Kohler Garden Tractor. Great machine. I use it all year round. I snow blow my 1000 ft crush driveway with 300 foot hill here in Syracuse where we get easily 140"+ per year. It does very good, I was impressed. This was the first Winter I had some troubles with it. We had about two weeks below zero and the engine didn't like it much. I got stuck a few times this Winter, which was a first, I have weights and chains. I finally decided I needed more and bought a Kubota 7800, 30Hp with a Front End Loader, Mower, etc - what a dream. I haven't moved any snow yet, but for around the property it is great. I'd look into a BX22 if you want some real fun in the neighborhood.

My Sears is about 6 years old. With the snowblower I figure I could get about $750 (New $2200, blower $1200, Utility Trailer $99). After next Winter I will probably sell it. But, as I said it has done great!

LOL, Frank

Hey frank I have a BX22 or order I should have it in a week or two. Looking forward to playing in the dirt. David