Tecumseh HH120 rebuild

/ Tecumseh HH120 rebuild #1  

collector121

Im in the process of rebuilding my old Tecumseh HH120 in my Super 12. This is a question for all you Vintage Sears Restorationists. Does anyone know the correct torquing of the bolts on the connecting rod? Inch lbs/ft lbs? If so how much? Thanks.

/ Tecumseh HH120 rebuild #2  
From the Tecumseh manual that I found online:

Torque to correct specifications 110-inch pounds (12.43Nm). After initial torque use a drift and a hammer(13 oz.) (390 ml) and strike the rod bearing cap aboveeach lock nut. This will seat the cap releasing sometorque on the lock nuts. Retorque lock nuts to​
specifications.

/ Tecumseh HH120 rebuild #3  
do you remember which site you found the manual on? thanks

/ Tecumseh HH120 rebuild #5  
Holy Toledo: Would you believe that I just started work on Sears Suburban 10 with a Tecumseh HH120 today(9/20/2012) and ran across this Thread. I bought it a few months back at a farm consignment auction up in Monroe, Mi, just north of Toledo. I plan to use it with a self propelled sears rototiller attached as a primary weed row tiller next summer in my 2-3 acre garden. Of course no telling how long it sat and I oiled up the cylinder to help the recoil starter. It was stiff to begin with but had loosened up nicely. I tried to start it but found no spark. So I took off the flywheel cover to see how rusted the magnito and flywheel were and pf course evacuated the mouse house. I am not familiar with the Tecumseh small engines but I have worked on several Briggs&St. The ignition units are not similar and what appears to be a ?coil or ?cpncesner is badly rusted and I assume needs replacement. the magnet on the flywheel is strong and has surface rust. Question is this: can this be converted to an electronic ignition as I have done with my B&S engines? Or is it best to stay with the original which I found on the Sears Vintage website to be : Points 32011A; condenser 32015 and Coil 32014, and then where do i find these?
Thank You for your help and Patience.
DocRocky

/ Tecumseh HH120 rebuild #6  
Docrocky could you post the sears model #? I think they start with a 9 or it might be 142 for the.Tecumseh I have one that needs some parts.

/ Tecumseh HH120 rebuild #7  
Leejohn: Sears Suburban 10HP this from the decals on the hood.

These numbers are from the engine cowl.
Model 143-579032
serial no 6287

Attachments

• IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    895.2 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    957.1 KB · Views: 387
   / Tecumseh HH120 rebuild #8  
Hay thinks a lot I have been looking for that a long time. Thanks again, Lee

/ Tecumseh HH120 rebuild #9  
hey , DocRocky , exactly WHAT do I type in to get to that old Sears web-site where you got those part numbers ????

/ Tecumseh HH120 rebuild #10  
DelRebel: sorry, I have spent the past hour trying to backtrack but I don't seem to find the website or source of those numbers. I started out trying to find the condenser for the Tecumseh 143-579032 then I found the ignition coil was bad too. I have spent 2 nights trying to rundown anything for that engine but no luck. I'll keep you inmind if I do stumble onto to source of those numbers.