2 for 40.00

/ 2 for 40.00 #1  

Whatswrong

Gold Member
Tractor
B434 ,V 700 and 1086
I bought 2 sears mowers today at a garage sale one has never cut a blade of grass but carb is half apart and no float bowl ,not sure what it is going to cost ,the other one must have hit something and cut off both shear bolts in blade and maybe the key in the fly wheel the way it is acting ,it would smoke but kick .The new one has a Kohler engine hadn't seen a mower with that engine what should I expect for it. If my mower had sheared a few things instead of bending the crank I wouldn't have been on the market ,moving scrap but not removing it causes issues.

/ 2 for 40.00 #2  
I bought 2 sears mowers today at a garage sale one has never cut a blade of grass but carb is half apart and no float bowl ,not sure what it is going to cost ,the other one must have hit something and cut off both shear bolts in blade and maybe the key in the fly wheel the way it is acting ,it would smoke but kick .The new one has a Kohler engine hadn't seen a mower with that engine what should I expect for it. If my mower had sheared a few things instead of bending the crank I wouldn't have been on the market ,moving scrap but not removing it causes issues.

Blade is the flywheel on most engines in push type mowers.
Carb. on Sears designed to fail.
Little push bulb for choke (push 5 times before starting) if air leak buy new carb.
All my Sears tools fail before the paint fades.
ken

/ 2 for 40.00
I got them both home from the local small engine repair man ,he had the older self propelled one running in less than an hour I have used it a few times and it runs nice I sure like the mulching feature. The new one had to have new carb,filter and filter cover and a couple bolts these parts cost about $80.00 this is a 2011 mower about a 375.00 mower .No labour because I had given him parts for his water softener this spring.Not sure if I should sell the new one or use it.

/ 2 for 40.00
So the reality is 2 for 120.00 so may not be so cheap.

/ 2 for 40.00 #5  
Maybe more than you hoped, but still not bad at all.