An oldie but a goodie(1970's era Sears SS14 garden tractor made by Roper)

/ An oldie but a goodie(1970's era Sears SS14 garden tractor made by Roper) #1  
Tractor
a twaktur
Here's a pic of my Sears SS14 garden tractor and some of the implements. It was just too hot for me to have the want to drag all the implements out. Yesterday it was officially 107 F, but that's the official temp recorded miles away. It usually gets hotter where I'm at in this part of Texas.

I plan on refurbishing this tractor and all the implements too.

It still runs great and has the cigarette lighter, which I don't use.

Would like to find some more that are in decent condition.

This has the solid cast iron Briggs horizontal shaft engine.

Attachments

• SS14 1.jpg
    SS14 1.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 7,212
  • SS14 2.jpg
    SS14 2.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 3,650
   / An oldie but a goodie(1970's era Sears SS14 garden tractor made by Roper) #2  
Nice looking bunch of equipment. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it maybe when temps go down. The hubcaps look to be in good shape.

Those old ones are great and I hope to be able to find one next year.

/ An oldie but a goodie(1970's era Sears SS14 garden tractor made by Roper) #3  
I have seen that make and model for sale on EBAY before. You may find one on Craigslist also. Best wishes.

/ An oldie but a goodie(1970's era Sears SS14 garden tractor made by Roper) #4  
Nice looking old Sears you have there. You don't see too many of those old potato plows around still; nice work!

/ An oldie but a goodie(1970's era Sears SS14 garden tractor made by Roper) #5  
That is a Sweet, Ol Craftsman tractor ! Honestly, I'd trade my new one for an oldie like that one.They built they're tractors like Tanks back then,thats why they're still around. I like the old plows too.What size rear tires do you have on yours ? The reason I'm asking is because I want to start building one soon, about the same size.Thanks for reading and for your pictures.

/ An oldie but a goodie(1970's era Sears SS14 garden tractor made by Roper) #6  
Great old machine. See them used in the tractor pulls.
If you store it out in the weather, cover it or put a boot on the shifter. They were known to have water in the trans from it running down the shifter

/ An oldie but a goodie(1970's era Sears SS14 garden tractor made by Roper) #7  
My dad bought one in 1967 but had the 10 hp motor.He used it to cut grass & garden .It was the first mower that I cut grass with.Now 2013 I'm still cutting grass & gardening with it.replaced motor around 1991 .Have all the attachments except the mulching & the sickle bar.

/ An oldie but a goodie(1970's era Sears SS14 garden tractor made by Roper) #8  
I just spent 3mths. Restoring the 1975 roper rt 10 tractor I bought for my dad brand new back in the day. He won't be here much longer BUT I'll have something to remember him by . It was a daunting task but I loved every minute of it ! I'm just waiting for new decals being made at a local grafics shop. Any body out there know where I can get spare parts ? Blades , etc. good luck with your resto. As soon as I learn how to post pictures ( I've been living in the stone age so my son bought me this I pad for Christmas ) God bless