Craftsman GT 5000 enigine trouble

/ Craftsman GT 5000 enigine trouble #1  

66JD1020

Tractor
1966 JD 1020 GT5000
I have a 2010 GT 5000 that has performed great until recently. The engine FEELS like like it is overheating after about 20-45 minutes of mowing use, then the engine shuts down. I have kept regular serviced on this tractor, including cleaning the air filter after ever use. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

/ Craftsman GT 5000 enigine trouble #2  
I've got one....don't like it.....I'd start by doing a total tune up. Change plugs, fuel filter etc ....anything that can be changed --change. Be sure to grease all the zerts on the deck pulleys too. Then if it still gives trouble -- sell it and buy something good. My wife bought ours over my objections. Shoulda got a deere.

/ Craftsman GT 5000 enigine trouble #3  
Did you figure out what was wrong?

/ Craftsman GT 5000 enigine trouble #4  
Check the head temp. My dyt 4000 BS 24 pushed an exh valve guide with low miles , then ate a pushrod=2 tear downs.

/ Craftsman GT 5000 enigine trouble #5  
Did you check for a mouse nest under your shroud,or could have sucked in grass clippings over time and packed around your cylinder fins.

/ Craftsman GT 5000 enigine trouble #6  
Check the flywheel key/timing, make sure you have the proper heat range in plugs (can always get cooler plugs) make sure engine surface is clean and cooling fins are clean, fan blade is intact, and you have the proper oil. Carb adjustment can cause higher heat but I have never experienced this.

/ Craftsman GT 5000 enigine trouble
I ended up changing the plugs out. That fixed the issue.

/ Craftsman GT 5000 enigine trouble #8  
Thanks for letting us know what the problem was,so i can learn something.Did you use a stock plug.