Craftsman GT5000 26hp Kohler won't start.

/ Craftsman GT5000 26hp Kohler won't start. #1  

aduffer2

Tractor
craftsman gt5000
Tractor is little over 3yrs old. Turns over okay and is getting fuel. Was running fine when I parked it 5 days ago. Changed plugs, air cleaner fuel filter, even though these were new less than 20 hours ago. Seems like it is not getting any spark. Any ideas.

/ Craftsman GT5000 26hp Kohler won't start. #2  
Model, spec, and serial number would be really helpful. There are several configuration of ignition systems used on kohler engines, and will need to narrow it down to be able to give good advice.

/ Craftsman GT5000 26hp Kohler won't start. #3  
Sounds like the same one I have. Make sure the PTO is not engaged. I start mine in neutral while pushing in the clutch/break. It does have a safety switch in the seat. Check the fuse I think its 15 amp. Bypass seat switch. If battery is good jump across solenoid. Check all your battery cable connections and make sure you gave a good ground.

Mine smokes like the dickens if you lean it to far to the right or going down to steep a hill. Does yours do the same?

v/r

Mike

/ Craftsman GT5000 26hp Kohler won't start. #4  
Fuel filter or fuel pump? I think if one of the safety switches were bad the starter would not crank.

/ Craftsman GT5000 26hp Kohler won't start. #5  
Last edited: