Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 3520 Deluxe Cab

Default Looking to buy a craftsman garden tractor. Have a question about a craigslist ad

Is this GT5000 about 3500 bucks over priced? This one looks decently used and i noticed he keeps placing the ad. I want to inquir about it but dont want to get the guy all upity. Mentions the price twice so i dont know. heres the ad
    CRAFTSMAN GT 5000

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Default Re: Looking to buy a craftsman garden tractor. Have a question about a craigslist ad

Yes, it is way over priced, as you suspect. A new one, with warranty and improvements can be had for nearly that kind of money, on sale.

I'd just move along and leave this seller in his own little illusion.
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Default Re: Looking to buy a craftsman garden tractor. Have a question about a craigslist ad

yeah, i just went on sears.com and saw that the new 2012 gt6000 garden tractor with 54 in cut is for sale for 2800. I sent hime an email anyway. Ill be sure to post his response if he writes back hahah

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

I look forward to it.

Platinum Member
    Tractor

This was my intial email,
    "interested in tractor but i think you have a typo on price at 4100 bucks. The brand new 2012 gt6000 craftsman with 26hp hydro and 54 inch cut garden tractor is for sale for 2800 at sears. Let me know whats up and maybe we can make a deal. im local and have cash thanks"

This is his follow up response (Still clueless i guess), "Ok what's your deal"

My next email in response "Wanted to know what your asking price was. Dont want to insult you buddy if were not on the same page. I know what this model is selling for based on older craigslist ads and ebay. Like i said though. Up to you know to name your price so no one is offended. Thanks"

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuabardwell
    I look forward to it.
    Me too! Haha

Platinum Member
    Tractor

well after my last post he responded again. took way longer to respond this time. he must have went and done research. He responded this time that he would do 1000 dollars. This guy must be on crack becuase he clearly must have searched and no search would have turned up an older model for 1000 dollars. I was prepared to spend 600 on a very well maintained one but his looks like crap and i would have paid maybe 500 after looking at it. So im done responding to him cause he is clearly out to lunch haha. Well people like this will wonder why they havent sold there stuff. Sounds like a good deal though becuase i talked him down 3000 dollars hahah

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1855

I bought mine real cheap but they thought the engine was bad, it just had a stuck valve from sitting, I paid $100. Mine has a 26 h.p. B&S and had a 54" deck that I used for a bush hog until I was done then took off the deck and installed a Johnny Bucket i also got really cheap. In fact I'm just cheap!

I love the old tractor though, I've beat on it, used it like a bulldozer, etc... for over a year and it just keeps going.
    Randy
    Southern boy and proud to tell it! Live and let live...

Gold Member

Ad says $1000 now.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    94 Craftsman GT6000

Saw this one on that page. Looks like a better deal.

2000 CRAFTSMAN GT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast