Weed eater question...no gas coming through

/ Weed eater question...no gas coming through #1  

Douglas733

Tractor
Ford 9N, Ford 640, Stihl Farm Boss,
I have a small craftsman weedeater and when I pump the little plastic bubble to prime nothing comes up (and yes the tank is full :) What's your thoughts on what to do.

/ Weed eater question...no gas coming through #2  
Sounds like your fuel lines have rotted or cracked and letting air in instead of moving fuel. Sometimes the primer bulb goes bad. First thing I would do is look where the lines enter the primer bulb and where they go into the gas tank. Also look inside the tank and make sure the line with the filter is still attached and not broken off inside

/ Weed eater question...no gas coming through
Your dead on took it apart and the lines in the tank were rotted and disconnected from the fuel filter. Thanks

/ Weed eater question...no gas coming through #4  
You can replace them fairly easy by the way. Toughest part is fishing them through the tank. If you go to a chainsaw shop you might have to bring the machine with you to get the right diameter of hose. Replace the filter at the same time. Since it is a Craftsman you can order the hose online also if you have the model number. Replace the hose put some fresh mix in it and away you go.

/ Weed eater question...no gas coming through #5  
To replace the hose in the tank, cut a long long taper on the hose leaving a point. Then push that through the tank until you can reach it with a pair of needle nosed pliers. Pull it through and cut off the taper. You lose a little hose, but it is cheap.

/ Weed eater question...no gas coming through
Okay so I replace the hoses and filter...still no gas coming through to the purge bubble. What now.

/ Weed eater question...no gas coming through #7  
New purge bubble.If you take the line going from the tank can you get gas to flow to the bubble? The bubble is not creating enough suction. New gas is ruff on this stuff.

/ Weed eater question...no gas coming through #8  
Make sure you have the hoses going the right way. In other words there is a line from the purge bubble to the tank and there is a line to the carb. Don't get them crossed. Or like 2458 said the purge bubble might be bad as well. They don't fail often though.

/ Weed eater question...no gas coming through #9  
Another possibility is that the metering lever and needle are cemented into place with the residue of old gasoline. Once you are sure that gas will come out of the tank fuel line and that the lines are connected correctly, I would remove the carburetor dissasemble it and clean it with carb cleaner and a fine wire for the ports.