Craftsman Tiller - Model #917.294271

/ Craftsman Tiller - Model #917.294271 #1  

Nissan197

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 4WD
I had the shift fork in my tiller go bad. When I broke the transmission apart I noticed the gasket had also failed allowing dirt inside. I was successful at tearing it apart and cleaning all the gears, etc but in my infamous wisdom I never bothered to take pictures of the way it looked before. I thought with the schematic I have I could easily get it back together. Unfortunately the schematic is not very detailed and is not showing some of the parts that I have. I did not bother to look at it closely. I am hoping someone on here can provide me some actual pictures of the interior of the transmission or maybe a more detailed schematic. I saw a YouTube video on a Poulan which looked exactly the same as mine, but I could never get a whole view of the transmission. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oops I guess I should have posted this in the Rototiller section. Moderator - feel free to move it.

Last edited:
   / Craftsman Tiller - Model #917.294271 #2  
I had the shift fork in my tiller go bad. When I broke the transmission apart I noticed the gasket had also failed allowing dirt inside. I was successful at tearing it apart and cleaning all the gears, etc but in my infamous wisdom I never bothered to take pictures of the way it looked before. I thought with the schematic I have I could easily get it back together. Unfortunately the schematic is not very detailed and is not showing some of the parts that I have. I did not bother to look at it closely. I am hoping someone on here can provide me some actual pictures of the interior of the transmission or maybe a more detailed schematic. I saw a YouTube video on a Poulan which looked exactly the same as mine, but I could never get a whole view of the transmission. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oops I guess I should have posted this in the Rototiller section. Moderator - feel free to move it.

Nissan,

I am in the beginning stage of disassembly of your exact model tiller for a suspected broken chain. I would be more than happy to provide any photos that you might need if you have not been able to resolve this issue yet. Let me know and I will send photos if you still need them.

Shinobe