My First Tractor! (and first post!)

/ My First Tractor! (and first post!) #1  

camperbc

Tractor
Sears Craftsman Professional 24HP
Hi everyone,

I just joined this fine forum, as I have ordered myself a brand-spanking-new Sears Craftsman 24HP tractor, and I sure do have a lot to learn! Anyway, I just wanted to take a moment to say hello from Canada. I reside on a remote island located off the northeast coast of Newfoundland. Just 2,400 people, and a few polar bears! I don't have a huge lawn, but require a tractor, as I am disabled from a permanent spinal injury, and thus no longer able to push a mower, nor walk along behind a snowblower... so I figured I would kill two birds with one stone by buying a new lawn tractor and a snow blower attachment too!

The one I have ordered is a Craftsman "Professional" 24HP Kohler "Courage" V-Twin engine with "Turn Tight" and 46" cutting deck and EZ-Drive Hydrostatic transmission. The closest American model seems to be #28857, but is red while mine is dark grey, with the US version missing the fancy brush guard/bumper, and yellow trim. Aside from this, I believe it may be the same tractor, but I could be mistaken.

I'm curious as to why the manufacturer wouldn't simply make them the same for both countries? Here is a pic of mine, taken from the website, as I don't take delivery until March 26.

Looking forward to becoming an active participant on this forum.

Regards,
Glen B.
Fogo Island, Newfoundland
671_60280_P_zpsd7e3bee1.jpg

/ My First Tractor! (and first post!) #3  
:welcome: to TBN. Congrats on your new baby! You already know the rules I see. You have to post pix when ever possible. Especially on a new purchase.

/ My First Tractor! (and first post!) #4  
Welcome,
I have a similar tractor to yours. PGT9000 with a 26 hp Kohler engine, 54" mower, and 44' snow blower. It is a 2011 model and same color as yours, bought in Canada.View attachment 308145

/ My First Tractor! (and first post!) #5  
:welcome: to TBN

/ My First Tractor! (and first post!) #6  
Hello & welcome from Iowa, central USA. Have fun & good luck with your new toy!

/ My First Tractor! (and first post!) #7  
Welcome to TBN:thumbsup:

/ My First Tractor! (and first post!)
Thanks everyone, for the warm welcome! I'll report back once my new toy arrives!

Glen

/ My First Tractor! (and first post!) #10  
welcome to TBN .. :cool2: