1953 sears riding mower

/ 1953 sears riding mower #1  

Big Irish

Tractor
ford 2000 & ford 900
Hey guys: I've got a 1953 sears 6hp rider in the barn, it was here when I bought this place. I always thought it would be fun to restore someday. My question is is it worth it or am I just throwing away money? Thanks

/ 1953 sears riding mower #2  
Very few items that get restored end up being worth more than the cost of the work put into them. It is more a love affair than anything.

Do you like the mower? Is it something you want to display at shows or your shop or are you hoping to make money?

/ 1953 sears riding mower #3  
All up to you and how much free time you have. Is it all rusted out? Does the motor spin at all? Are the tires shot? You can pick up a running Craigslist beast and be out running. You could go to the store and pick up a brand spanking new one and have a new toy..
That thing is probably a classic. I doubt if there is much of a market for it though. You could advertise it on Craigslist and see what sort of interest you get in it.. Still seeing some pictures of something that old would be kind of cool if you have time.

/ 1953 sears riding mower
I'm not interested in making any money. I just thought it would be fun to have something that old restored. I have a 53 Ford 900 that will go to shows, but I might restore this one and take it along for fun.