YTS 3000

/ YTS 3000 #1  

Tchara

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3520R
Does anyone have any experience with the Sears YTS 3000 garden tractor?

I have the opportunity to buy one for 500.00.
It has a 46 inch deck, hydrostatic transmission and 21HP motor.
It's either a 2010 or 2011 model. It looks real clean, and the guy says it hasn't been used much.
I never had a hydrostatic transmission. It's not the pedal type, but a lever on the fender.

Any thoughts ?

/ YTS 3000 #2  
I bought a 21hp YT3000 last fall and its a yard tractor. Not sure what the "S" is on the one you're looking at.
There is LT's, YT's, and GT's.
The YT is a little heavier version of an LT.
Good for mowing and pulling a trailer around, but look at the rear axle, it's not heavy enough for pulling a plow etc.
I love mine for mowing. It replaced a 16.5 hp LT1000 that I pretty much wore out.

List price on YT3000 is about $1,700 but they've been on sale for $1,300
$500 would be a good price if it's been well cared for.

/ YTS 3000 #3  
I have a YT3000 that I bought a couple of years ago, and it's been a decent tractor for cutting grass and pulling around a trailer. I only have a few words of caution. This tractor uses a Tuff Torq K46 hydrostatic transmission. The owners manual claims that it isn't serviceable. Although they make this claim, the life of the transmission can be dramatically lengthened by changing the transmission fluid. If you're interested in more information on that, is be happy to send it to you.

/ YTS 3000 #4  
Let me add one more thing: I would not recommend that tractor if you have steep grades.

/ YTS 3000 #5  
Let me add one more thing: I would not recommend that tractor if you have steep grades.

What is your experience with this? I have the YT 3000 and a steep grade, it handles beautifully. ;)

/ YTS 3000 #6  
It will climb them, but mine looses control and slides down the hills. Plus, steep grades will eventually burn out a K46.

/ YTS 3000 #7  
I have a YT3000 that I bought a couple of years ago, and it's been a decent tractor for cutting grass and pulling around a trailer. I only have a few words of caution. This tractor uses a Tuff Torq K46 hydrostatic transmission. The owners manual claims that it isn't serviceable. Although they make this claim, the life of the transmission can be dramatically lengthened by changing the transmission fluid. If you're interested in more information on that, is be happy to send it to you.

Could u send me details on the transmission fluid change? Thanks!

/ YTS 3000 #8  
i have a 2010 yts 3000 and mowed 3 acres with it for 3 year. For mowing 3 acres with some slopes, maybe 8 percent, it is totally the wrong tractor for that and I beat mine all up. i should have bought a small diesel of some kind. I'm having a lot of problems with mine now, the overhead valves dont want to compress properly even after adjustment. Which means it is a real pain to start.

/ YTS 3000 #9  
I have a YT3000 with 42" deck and would like to upgrade the transmission and go to 23" tires, any ideas where I can find the parts for this? Thanks