craftsman 2600 with 26 hp Kohler courage.

/ craftsman 2600 with 26 hp Kohler courage. #1  

wnsranch

Tractor
craftsman 54 in mower
Having a problem with keeping engine running. The choke has to be half way closed for engine to run. I've replaced fuel pump and cleaned carb. and still having same problem. I could use any help I can get. Thanks.

/ craftsman 2600 with 26 hp Kohler courage. #2  
Remove the carb, and clean again, you missed something in one of the jets. Carb cleaning on todays newer engines can be a pain, since there are cases where you cannot get the carb clean enoug, and just have to replace.

/ craftsman 2600 with 26 hp Kohler courage.
Thanks for the help. I went back into the carb and was checking thing out and found that the solenoid on the bottom of the carb was suck half open. Fix that problem. Now it runs great until you pull the mower nob to engage the mower and the engine dies. Another problem to try and fix. Thanks for any help.

/ craftsman 2600 with 26 hp Kohler courage. #4  
Does the engine die when you release the brake pedal. if not then the about eliminates the seat switch. Other possible cause could be the reverse safety switch. I have a customer with a poulan pro, with the 20 hp command that will kill the engine if you engage the blades at full throttle. but will work fine if engaged at idle, then pushed to full throttle after the blades are turning. Cause of problem on that one is there is no accelerator pump.

/ craftsman 2600 with 26 hp Kohler courage.
Still have the problem of the engine dying when pto nob is pulled. I've check the seat switch and if you lift off of the seat it will stall the engine as
soon as you set the engine continues to run. I tried bridging the reverse safety switch and no difference. I pull the pto off the engine and clean it works perfect. When the engine shuts down and I restart it seem to run rough. Still looking for help. Thanks

/ craftsman 2600 with 26 hp Kohler courage. #6  
Try taking the PTO belt off then see if engine sill stalls with PTO engaged. If engine dies it is electrical, if not you have a problem with the deck.