Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!!

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #21  
What other one would you buy in the same class as the sears ?

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #22  
   / Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #23  
IMO...The 'Craftsman' brand...when it comes to hand tools is still hard to beat...I think they are as innovative in developing new designs as any of the other name brand lines...and in many cases not nearly as way over priced like some of the other popular brands where you are just paying the extra $'s for the name...

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #24  
I do about 150 hours a year in my Simplicity Conquest

I currently have a YT 3000, but started to look at a Broadmoor. Any thoughts on the Broadmoor or on Simplicity in general?

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #25  
I happen to like them.. Have an 1979/80 Sovereign 7016 Hydraulic atm... Workhorse mower.

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #26  
I currently have a YT 3000, but started to look at a Broadmoor. Any thoughts on the Broadmoor or on Simplicity in general?

Nothing cuts like a Simplicity. Nothing.

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #27  
Nothing cuts like a Simplicity. Nothing.

How about the durability of the machine? Will it last for years or is it disposable like my YT3000?

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #28  
Years.... and years....

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #29  
I am not a Sears fan, but I think the issue here is that it's a cheap tractor more than it's a "Sears" tractor. You get what you pay for regardless of brand. Even Deere makes cheap junky riding mowers (the ones you can buy at Lowes and HD for example).

This was apparent to me when I was shopping around about 12-13 years ago. The Craftsman models were all junk, as were most other brands. Back then, the cheap Deeres were branded "Sabre" and also junk. The only good ones I found in this area were the higher priced Cub Cadets, and the higher priced Deeres. I ended up with a Deere LT model, which is about equivalent to an X500 in their current lineup. It's been quite good, only needing routine maintenance and new mower spindles after I hit a stump. It was definitely more expensive than equivalent Craftsman models, but noticeably better built all around, and with better features too.

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #30  
I have used my GT5000 for five years on my 3-acre lot. Last year we started building our home there, and I bought a JD 2305 for dirt and snow work; it has a 60mmm. Last night I mowed - which unit did I use? The Craftsman. It's a good mower. It'll die sooner or later, but until then, I can keep my BB and soon-to-own FEL on the JD. Glad I have two options, and as yet glad the first was a Craftsman.