Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!!

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #1  

jgrinn

2010 Gt 5000 Garden Tractor with 314 hours. Only used for mowing grass. Front tires out of toe. Bought new spindles and drag links....still out of toe. I did some research and have read where people are having trouble with bent frames. Called Sears and was going to set up an appointment to have a Sears Repairman come out to take a look, and hopefully replace the frame. Yes the frame is under warranty. But, it costs $96 just for the guy to come out, then I would owe all labor if the frame does need replaced. So It would still cost me around $400 just to have the frame replaced under warranty!!!! Done!!! You get what you pay for! I should have never bought the thing. Back to a Deere for me. I will pay a little more to have a much better product!! Anyone interested in this tractor?? Live near Pittsburgh Pa.

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #2  
2010 Gt 5000 Garden Tractor with 314 hours. Only used for mowing grass. Front tires out of toe. Bought new spindles and drag links....still out of toe. I did some research and have read where people are having trouble with bent frames. Called Sears and was going to set up an appointment to have a Sears Repairman come out to take a look, and hopefully replace the frame. Yes the frame is under warranty. But, it costs $96 just for the guy to come out, then I would owe all labor if the frame does need replaced. So It would still cost me around $400 just to have the frame replaced under warranty!!!! Done!!! You get what you pay for! I should have never bought the thing. Back to a Deere for me. I will pay a little more to have a much better product!! Anyone interested in this tractor?? Live near Pittsburgh Pa.

Try a Simplicity

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #3  
I know Sear has not sold a decent garden tractor in at least 20 years, only people who buy them are people who do not want to pay decent money for a decent tractor

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #4  
I'm sorry to hear of your problem. We bought a Craftman riding mower, new, around 8 years ago. It was on sale for $995.00. The only thing that I have ever done to it, besides changing the Oil and lubrication, is to replace a Mandrel. This was my fault, because I ran over a stump that wasn't cut low enough. It cost me $20.00 and I put it on. I do want to buy a Zero Turn in the future.

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #5  
I'm sorry to hear of your problem. We bought a Craftman riding mower, new, around 8 years ago. It was on sale for $995.00. The only thing that I have ever done to it, besides changing the Oil and lubrication, is to replace a Mandrel. This was my fault, because I ran over a stump that wasn't cut low enough. It cost me $20.00 and I put it on. I do want to buy a Zero Turn in the future.

Same here. Bought mine for around the same price about 5 years ago because that's all I could afford at the time. Never had a problem yet besides having to finally replace the battery a few weeks ago. However, I won't ever buy another one though. There's just too many better quality mowers out there. I didn't have much choice at the time.

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #6  
I am sure that 314 hours is a lot on a machine like that-for the average person mowing for an hour at a time, 30 times a year, that would be 10 years of use. When a person begins mowing 50-100 hours a year, it is time to look at more expensive units.

Will

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #7  
I had newer GT - 1 or so years and it had an easy oil change hose on it. The oil leaked out of the hose- bad turn off and I lost the engine when it seized. I replaced the engine- not through sears and it still runs. I have a sears ztr now for the grass (arthritis makes the GT impossible). I like it, but it came with a slow leak in two tires. I slimed them and no problem now.

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #8  
I do about 150 hours a year in my Simplicity Conquest

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #9  
Sears has become a mere shadow of its former self. Nowadays they are more interested in selling credit cards than merchandise. I always liked their mowers and had 2 but last year after spending more time fixing than mowing, just said "enough is enough". Traded them both in on a JD and have no regrets.

/ Will no longer buy Craftsman/Sears Products!! #10  
Wow sorry to hear!

My Dad's craftsman is something like 20 years old. Replace battery cables, battery, fuel filter, oil, and oil filter so he's done well with his tractor.