Craftsman Z7400 zero turn

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #11  
NO fricking way would I spend that much time on trying to find the spec's on a Craftsman mower. All of them are made by MTD Ltd. and whether it says Craftsman, Husqvarna, or what ever, they all are made by the same company. Look it up and see what all brands of mowers are made by MTD.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #12  
Personally, if you're not going to step up to a commercial grade Z which will have the high speed transaxles, there is no point in buying one over a solid garden tractor unless you have a very irregularly shaped lot. I can think of alot of better things to do with the $1,000 to $1,500 premium you will pay for one.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #13  
@ Gary, usually I just do a little research and buy, or not. I agree with you that no one should spend that much time on spec's. It's true that I like the design of this model, but I think, I ended up proving a point about Craftsman.. They cannot stand behind their products because they don't even know what they're selling. I'm probably going to go with the Husq that Tcartwri mentioned. We'll see. I'd prefer the zt-3100's on a ztr, plus I have obstacles everywhere in my yard. Back before I moved to Fl, my house in Ohio was crazy, and I had a Scag Turf Tiger (used), and I wish I still had it. Overkill? Maybe, but got the job done! :)

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #14  
12:56 pm, Erin states that they couldn't pull up any blueprints at all.

But, in Alabama, 1 person bought this mower. They've sold only 1 of these mowers in the World!! says Erin! lol, wow
So, here's the one sale and store number. I'll call them and get info and maybe pics emailed, since they have one for display, says Erin.
model # 917.204170
Store 205-274-2309
Well, being how the one on the website is refurbished, that would be the one they sold and it wasn't too good.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #15  
Personally, if you're not going to step up to a commercial grade Z which will have the high speed transaxles, there is no point in buying one over a solid garden tractor unless you have a very irregularly shaped lot. I can think of alot of better things to do with the $1,000 to $1,500 premium you will pay for one.

@ Tcartwri, I cut this lawn, full of obstacles, and about 4 of my neighbors with my 42 in Bronco. I might add a few more down the street, but cap it off there, due to my full time employment. Anyways, I also looked at the 2014 Cubby Z force 48, and liked the ZT-2800's offered. But, I'm stuch on the Craftsman because they make it so difficult to find the truth about their product that I feel they are hiding something. I just want to know how they are gunna try to rob me and the other "1" purchaser of this mower. Who knows, it may be a decent buy for my needs. I'm going to check out the Husqy this evening. If I were to keep just this yard, and the others, I'd stick with my tractor.. Funny thing is, this Troy Bilt Bronco works great, but I prefer the Zero -Turns anyday. But for my needs, anything over 4200 bucks is overkill. I'm not, and will not be a mega Scaper anytime soon. Nor do I feel that I should have a full commercial. On a final note, ya, paying their premium is insulting after the headache that they make at Craftsman. I should just get the Gravely HD and call it a day, for my needs. :/

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #16  
@ Cowboy Ron. Haha, this is what I said to Sears Corporate. They said that some models during production may have gotten flawed. I said, "During production, What, do you have a field dedicated to the post producted"..lol They've sold uno, if they had more photos and a couple more simple bits of info, I'd of ordered already. Also, Once I get the pics from the dealer in Alabama who actually sold one, I'm going to post them.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #17  
@ Cowboy Ron. Haha, this is what I said to Sears Corporate. They said that some models during production may have gotten flawed. I said, "During production, What, do you have a field dedicated to the post producted"..lol They've sold uno, if they had more photos and a couple more simple bits of info, I'd of ordered already. Also, Once I get the pics from the dealer in Alabama who actually sold one, I'm going to post them.

It looks like a nice mower. A friend of mine bought a riding mower from Sears and bought the extended warranty. Sears came to his house every year and did a full maintenance on his mower and fixed any issues that he had. He had that thing for over 10 years and it still ran great.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #18  
@ Cowboy Ron. We'll see. Either way, this mower is going to have its review, regardless if Craftsman is being strange. It would be nice to have some kind of "full" maintenance. :) I'm getting the extended warranty, when and if, I do buy. But I noticed, that Husq has issues with getting parts for people who have break downs, so I assume that Craftsman will follow suit, being that it is the same mower, as Tcartwri, mentioned above, which I basically confirmed, other than diff. engines and deck raise pedal.

Hmm. I'm gunna continue to use my Troy-Bilt Bonco that hasn't failed me until September. Then I'll see into this issue further then.. But, I'm still gunna upload the pics a.s.a. I get them. I wonder why the dealer in Alabama is stalling? Has Corporate called him? hmm... Too much Conspiracy shows for me, for one day. Geez, just wanted a ZTR, too much to ask? :)

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #19  
I had to go to my Arkadelphia Sears store to pick up a microwave oven as replacement for one that caught fire. Anyway, I asked the owner of this little store about this mower and he got one in and sold it immediately. It looks like the regular price is $5888 but is on sale for $3988. He is supposed to have his replacement in next week. He said that they are supposed to have a heavier transmission, reinforced deck upper and lower but still a pressed steel deck. It is Craftsmans attempt at an entry level commercial. It will have the Kohler 26 HP engine in it and have a 3 year warranty which is a year or maybe two more than the normal mowers. Sounds like a definite improvement over their 6xxx series of ZTR mowers that I have but if one had to pay the almost $6k for it at retail price, I would go for something like the Ferris, Badboy, Hustler, etc in their entry level mowers for about $1K more and get a thick fabricated deck.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #20  
@ Gary. I here you on the Ferris, Bad Boy, Hustler, .. or even the comparable Exmark. Heck, can get a Scag Freedom Z, for about a grand more than what Craftsman wants. The more I re-read my posts and others replies, the more I feel that I'm going to shy away from anything Craftsman. Heck, the Husq mz5424s is the same mower, and Sears knows this, yet still tries to lie to its customers. At least with the brands as wee noted above, they give the right specs, and have to stand by their name. What a shame. As for the $5888 asking price.. I see $4200, but this may be their new sale price. Anyways, even at 3988, I can get a Cub Cadet 2014 Z-Force 48 with the Zt-2800 gears, with 500 to keep in my pocket, being a $3500 mower, for my needs. I'm glad I tried to get the info today, for I'm sure it will help out another prospecting consumer that see's the Craftsman.com website, and gets enticed by this mystery mower. Oh, as per your friend who sold one of these, Craftsman states that they only sold one... in Alabama.. But I guess they could've sold two.. Either way.. Without proper advertising, I'm surprised they sold any,..