Craftsman Z7400 zero turn

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #1  

Superduper

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3120, Kubota BX2350, Deere X740
Anyone have one? Anyone seen one or know anything about them? Thinking about getting one but google shows NOTHING. Hard to believe nobody has bought one yet. Either that or $2.5k more and get a Bad Boy Mower.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #2  
Anyone have one? Anyone seen one or know anything about them? Thinking about getting one but google shows NOTHING. Hard to believe nobody has bought one yet. Either that or $2.5k more and get a Bad Boy Mower.

I have contacted every "Sears Hometown" store in Florida. They state the same info as the Craftsman.com website. They also have never had any in stock to demo. I've called customer support, tech support, and sales, and none of them can find the Blade/Tip Speed fpm. They cannot find the gauge of the steel chassis, or the gauge of the deck, or re-enforcements. I'm sitting on hold now, for an hour, on this almost 2 hour phone call with Sears Holdings. This is their corporate location. I asked these basic questions and they are having a hard time since zero of these mowers, or the engineers are available. So, I'm making a complaint. Funny thing is, I called and talked to a "Joyce" and had a hour wait around 9 this morning, and "Erin" who I'm waiting for now, has no record of my earlier complaint. I'm being nice on the phone, stating that I can't make a blind purchase with only one stock photo, and no info on the steel, or fpm blade tip speed. I explained how these were basic questions that I can easily look up for Toro, Troy Bilt, Hustler, Bad Boy, Scag, Cub Cadet, etc.

She's trying to locate the engineer! lol, but my hopes aren't up since it seems that I'm on hold and she's most likely eating a sandwich or helping others while I'm on hold, hoping I'll hang up. I've documented every call I've made today and will post the numbers, who I talked to, and how long the calls lasted, and amount of time I was on hold.

Seams to me that this mower doesn't exist, other than for competing with others online. I guess they want you to make a blind purchase, or buy one of their lesser grade models.

My own homework has this mower using a Kohler 7000 series 26 hp engine, with the optional pro fuler, oil, and air filters. Kohler model number is KT-745.

So, I'm still on hold, well see. Looks to me like this is a BBB issue if I can't get some honest support from Craftsman!

I might order it, review it on Youtube, and on here, then everyone will be able to know the answers they need to buy, or beware of Craftsman..

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #3  
Ok, here's where I'm at so far. SEARS Holdings about the Craftsman PRO Series 54'' 26 hp V-Twin Pro Z7400 Series Zero-Turn Riding Mower Non CA
Item# 07120417000 | Model# 20417

1-800-469-4663 parts / service 7/9/2014 9:30 am (unable to find information available, was looking at the same webpage as me for info, referred me to Sales)
1-800-377-7414 craftsman sales 7/9/2014 Edwin, 9:38am (Same, no info, and didn't know the model # of the Kohler "Elite" engine, then referred me to Corporate.

1-847-286-2500 Sears holdings / corporate 7/9/2014 9:54am, transferred to cunsumer complaints
Joyce 9:58 am... 10:18am, been on hold for 27,min. online dept.. lawn and garden 800-829-5886.10:20am, reffered me to

the 800 number 1-800-829-5886 for the specs, filed my info, and if no answer, to call her back to file compaint.

Michael at 1-800-829-5886 7/9/2014 10:24am, on hold 7 minutes. refers me to 1-800-377-7414 craftsman sales. Already called them to no avail earlier.

Called back Sears Holdings 10:33 am 1-847-286-2500

Erin, Has no record of my call to Joyce. puts me on hold at 10:48am till 11:15am, Erin trying to get ahold of forman/engineer, or anyone who can help

that has answers, back on hold 11:15am - 12:15pm, still waiting 1 hour and 45 min call so far

12:16pm, going to call with my housephone to corporate, 1-847-286-2500, while I'm on hold with them on my cell-phone, which is a 1 hour and 46 min call now.

1:Asked about blade/tip speed

2:guage of steel for frame? They have a cheaper model from last year I found online,...
" craftsman 25061 2013 54' 24hp 2999.00 ztr" Unibody Chassis: rigid pan chassis, not welded, but also, no thickness of metal.

"""http://todaysmower.com/2013/new-2013-craftsman-54-in-zero-turn/

3: How is deck re-enforced?.. from website it states" Plus, they have (((stamped reinforced decks))) for strength and durability.

The ZTR riding mower sports a ((((welded chassis))) for extreme conditions." Ok, so welded chassis, and stamped reinforced decks...
What's the Gauge????????????

Guage of deck steal, no answer yet, or for reinforcements.

Engine was found at Kohler easily.

Kohler 26hp pro-elite (engine is a Kohler KT745) 7000 series, with Optional "PRO Performance air, oil and fuel filters

deliver maximum "" Then from Craftsman's website "The Pro Series ZTR is powered by a Kohler Professional Series 26 HP engine featuring pro

performance air, fuel, and oil filters. Want to break some mowing records? The ZTR will race through your lawn at 8 MPH

max speed! """" Craftsman

"Yes no on the optional filters?, no answer yet..

mower is 3709.93 price (refurbished) at sears outlet | Sears Outlet

pid=125471&mode=buyUsedOnly&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=20178638&sid=IDx20110411x000008

New, at Craftsman.com, for 4299.00

She's (Erin) trying to locate the engineer, still! lol, but my hopes aren't up since it seems that I'm on hold and she's most likely eating a sandwich or helping others while I'm on hold, hoping I'll hang up. I've documented every call I've made today and will post the numbers, who I talked to, and how long the calls lasted, and amount of time I was on hold.

Seams to me that this mower doesn't exist, other than for competing with others online. I guess they want you to make a blind purchase, or buy one of their lesser grade models.

My own homework has this mower using a Kohler 7000 series 26 hp engine, with the optional pro fuler, oil, and air filters. Kohler model number is KT-745.

So, I'm still on hold, well see. Looks to me like this is a BBB issue if I can't get some honest support from Craftsman!

I might order it, review it on Youtube, and on here, then everyone will be able to know the answers they need to buy, or beware of Craftsman..[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm calling from my house phone now, while already on hold with them on my cell. I'll update later.

Last edited:
   / Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #4  
called while on hold, but at 12:19pm Brian id# 077080, management customer solutions. case #2580493, answered the phone that I was on hold for, for Erin. I hung up the house phone and proceeded with Brian. He is having Erin call the "Engineer" who has blue-prints and such. So, back on hold again, so far the call has been 2 hours and 10 minutes. it's 12:38pm. We'll see with what they have to say next..

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #5  
2 hours and 24 minutes, my cell phone is showing a hot temp reading on the top left hand of the screen, so I pulled two beers out of the fridge and placed the phone on top of them, hopefully it keeps it cool enough and doens't burn out my phones internals. So, it's 12:55pm, still on hold..

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #6  
12:56 pm, Erin states that they couldn't pull up any blueprints at all.

But, in Alabama, 1 person bought this mower. They've sold only 1 of these mowers in the World!! says Erin! lol, wow
So, here's the one sale and store number. I'll call them and get info and maybe pics emailed, since they have one for display, says Erin.
model # 917.204170
Store 205-274-2309

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #8  
Ok, So at 12:56 pm, Erin couldn't pull up any schimatics at all via the chiefs and engineers at Craftsman.

But, in Alabama, 1 person bought one, she stated. This is the only one sold, per her billing info.

model # 917.204170
Store #205-274-2309

1:02pm 205-274-2309, Sears Hometown Store, on hold at 1:03pm to 1:06pm

address,
Oneonta, Alabama,
Talked to Jeff, he was very kind and thorough about the sale.

last Saturday, July 5th, he sold one, but it was ordered weeks ago, and arrived for sale to an individual on the 5th.
partially welded deck, 12 gauge deck.
Cuts nice, even up hills, in front of store, which has a steep grade of hill.
He will look up more info about the gauge of the frame.
He had zero input on the Blade/tip speed, but said it cut sharp.
Also... HE TOOK PHOTOS!!!!
So, I'm going to upload the photos that he sends as soon as I get them! :)

At least that's better than the stock photo that Craftsman offers!

So, well see.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #9  
Thanks Tcartwri.. Hmm, I'll take a look, might be.. Either way, at least I got some info, seems so draining having to put up with Craftsman's blind sale approach. I'm going to upload pictures of the "1" that sold.. In Alabama.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #10  
Holy Geezus! Husqvarna MZ5424S and Craftsman Z7400 do look just about the same, plus or minus a minor thing here and there! The Plot Thickens.. lolView attachment 382208