New Craftsman Zero Turn (Cub Cadet RZT 54 KH?)

/ New Craftsman Zero Turn (Cub Cadet RZT 54 KH?) #1  

kingsville

Tractor
Craftsman Zero Turn
New member from Kingsville, Maryland. Just north of Baltimore.
Purchased new Craftsman Zero Turn. Practical for yard less than two acres. It replace a 1993 Craftsman GT6000.
GT6000 transaxle, manual, locked up. I figured 20 seasons was fair return.
I have been reading Tractorbynet forums as I came to decision.
Neighbors are on Toro zero turn mowers and I thought I would join them in the 21st century.
This mower is the Cub Cadet RZT 54 KH painted red.

I have used forums to keep my cars running and hope to have same success with this mower.

Look forward to reading and commenting.

/ New Craftsman Zero Turn (Cub Cadet RZT 54 KH?) #2  
Welcome from Wisconsin

/ New Craftsman Zero Turn (Cub Cadet RZT 54 KH?) #3  
G'day and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site.

/ New Craftsman Zero Turn (Cub Cadet RZT 54 KH?) #4  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the Craftsman/Sears forum. :)

/ New Craftsman Zero Turn (Cub Cadet RZT 54 KH?)
14 hours on this zero turn mower. It's the end of June and I am amazed at how quickly I get the lawn done. Lawn cut is great. I have cut a few divots. Still learning to make the end of row turn without taking the divot.

/ New Craftsman Zero Turn (Cub Cadet RZT 54 KH?) #6  
Big learning curve to keep from scarring the yard, but mainly it is slow down to make the turn and kind of back up a bit as you turn and as long as both wheels are turning a bit, no divots but you do have to do it slow.

/ New Craftsman Zero Turn (Cub Cadet RZT 54 KH?)
November 13. Coming to end of season. I've got comfortable with zero turn. I installed a tow hitch that allows me to pull a lawn sweeper and core aerator. Getting the job done. Leaf clean up has never been better.
I used liquid ballast, Prestone No-Tox, and the mower handles very well. I have some slopes on a one acre lot. Posts on this site had me sweating the slopes but I am cautious and all has worked out.
The lawn cut is great.
After one season I am very pleased.
Only bad thing is the reverse cut out. I read why they have it but my neighbors' Toro zero turns do not have it. I like the ability they have to be a little more precise in their cuts.