1995 craftsman 46inch with Briggs 19hp.

/ 1995 craftsman 46inch with Briggs 19hp. #1  

rider

My neighbor left this mower outside in the yard for about three years. I adopted it. One problem I haven't overcome yet is: After it runs the first time, don't shut it off. If you do it won't run again for at least 45mins. to an hour. When it is running it is running great. The coil was replaced, plugs, filters. It had a lot of corrosion in the wiring and terminals. I sometims feel that something is getting hot. Maybe a vapor lock of some sort. I am no mechanic but have had fun making this unit usable again. It is a hydrostat. It is a two cylinder turbo. Any help?

/ 1995 craftsman 46inch with Briggs 19hp. #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It is a two cylinder turbo. Any help? )</font>

Please give us the engine make and model number.

Slam

/ 1995 craftsman 46inch with Briggs 19hp. #3  
It needs a valve job.

/ 1995 craftsman 46inch with Briggs 19hp. #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It needs a valve job. )</font>

I would tend to agree but I am still wondering about that turbo! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Slam

/ 1995 craftsman 46inch with Briggs 19hp. #5  
Craftsman called some of their units Turbo Cooled.

/ 1995 craftsman 46inch with Briggs 19hp. #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Craftsman called some of their units Turbo Cooled. )</font>

That's good. I was starting to think the ol' boy was off his rocker! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Slam

/ 1995 craftsman 46inch with Briggs 19hp.
Slammer, you mean you never saw a Briggs with a "Home Improvement" turbo on it? I do believe it says turbo cool. I don't have the motor information. I have temporarily misplaced my book. Sometimes I think the turbo is when I want to kick the "turbo" out of it. Thanks for the valve job info. All in all the mower does ok for what I have in it. A lot of hours but only about $350. Thanks again.

Is it possible the 19 briggs only needs the valves adjusted?

/ 1995 craftsman 46inch with Briggs 19hp. #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is it possible the 19 briggs only needs the valves adjusted? )</font>

That's why I wanted the model number of the engine. The "F" series engines have OHV's that can be adjusted. I have to say though that I am not 100% on the valve job. There are a couple more possibilities. I'll post back tommorrow.

Slam

Thank you I will get the model number tonight and post. If not tomorrow. I appreciate your help.