Craftsman 50" ZTR VS. Cub Cadet 50" ZTR

/ Craftsman 50" ZTR VS. Cub Cadet 50" ZTR #1  

RNERED

Craftsman 50\" ZTR VS. Cub Cadet 50\" ZTR

Hello,

I'm looking to buy one the two ZTRs listed above. Obviously, price is my biggest factor. THe issue I have is it seems that both of these machines are new for 2006 I need to cut 1.5 flat acres with about a dozen small trees. I have a drainage in the front of the lot but should net be a big deal. The Craftsman has a B&S 22 hp while the Cub Cadet has a Kowasaki 22hp. Any adzise you have would be greatly appreciated.

/ Craftsman 50" ZTR VS. Cub Cadet 50" ZTR #2  
Re: Craftsman 50\" ZTR VS. Cub Cadet 50\" ZTR

The Cub Cadet is called the RZT. The Kawasaki motor on the Cub would seal the deal for me. The kaw. is rated to last around 2000 hours whereas the Briggs is rated to last around 550 hours. Cub Cadet has been building the RZT for two years now, so they are not new for 2006 whereas the Craftsman is I believe. Cub Cadet dominates the homeowners zero turn market...be sure to buy from a local dealer and not a big box store like HD or TSC.

/ Craftsman 50" ZTR VS. Cub Cadet 50" ZTR #4  

<font color="blue"> ( Any adzise you have would be greatly appreciated. ) </font>

Stay away from Craftsman mowers, period.

/ Craftsman 50" ZTR VS. Cub Cadet 50" ZTR

Thank for your quick response. The Cub Cadet I'm looking at is from Home Depot. They are selling it for $2999. Do you think a local retailer will be able to give me same price (within reason). I would prefer a local. They usually have a better reputation. Again, any advise (spelled it correctly this time)you have would be appreciated.

/ Craftsman 50" ZTR VS. Cub Cadet 50" ZTR

Thanks for the response. The Craftsman is from Sears and the Cub Cadet is from Home Depot. I realize neither is a good choice but again, budget is driving me there. If I could find the same at a local dealer, I would go for that.

/ Craftsman 50" ZTR VS. Cub Cadet 50" ZTR #7  

Now I have no idea whether you can find a local Cub Cadet dealer in your area with the same prices as Home Depot, but when Home Depot first started selling Cubs, I checked with two local Cub Cadet dealers on one model, out of the curiosity, and they both quoted the same price as Home Depot.

/ Craftsman 50" ZTR VS. Cub Cadet 50" ZTR #8  

In my area the Cub dealers sell for the same price as HD and Tractor Supply Co. Buying from the dealer is your best bet.

/ Craftsman 50" ZTR VS. Cub Cadet 50" ZTR #9  

Yes, your Cub dealer will be able to match that price, not a problem.

/ Craftsman 50" ZTR VS. Cub Cadet 50" ZTR #10  

<font color="blue"> Stay away from Craftsman mowers, period. </font>

Why?