Sears "Suburban" Garden Tractor [?}

/ Sears "Suburban" Garden Tractor [?} #1  

gdtractor

Sears \"Suburban\" Garden Tractor [?}

Hi ..
I just got a Sears [not Craftsman on it anywhere] it is a 12 hp "Suburban".

The engine has this on it:
The Model # is 143 562012
and Serial # 6103 12013

Does anyone know what year this is?

or anything else about this riding mower/garden tractor.

Thanks much
gdtractor

/ Sears "Suburban" Garden Tractor [?} #2  
Re: Sears \"Suburban\" Garden Tractor [?}

I don't know the exact years, but it should be late 1960s. The SS series came out in about 1971. They replaced the Suburban.

/ Sears "Suburban" Garden Tractor [?} #3  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Serial # 6103 12013 )</font>

Any chance the "6103" in the serial number is 1961 in March?

If you call Sears help line, they can usually tell you the model year from the serial number... though I'm not sure if the engine serial number will tell them the same info that the Garden Tractor serial number will.

I'll try to dig up the Sears help/service number if you need it. Let me know (or you can get it by calling the nearest Sears...)

John Mc

/ Sears "Suburban" Garden Tractor [?} #4  

You might find more information at Lawn Mower Central
I think there are some guys there with Suburbans who may be able to give you more information

/ Sears "Suburban" Garden Tractor [?} #5  

This has a manual tranny with a 2 speed rear axle? Then it was made by Roper and the rears in these are almost indestructable (sought after by garden tractor pullers). These were the top of the line for Sears in the 1960's through the 1970's. I don't know enough to tell you what year, but it was a good quality garden tractor from it's day, and still pretty good today.

/ Sears "Suburban" Garden Tractor [?} #6  

I have a sears suburban that I aquired with a group of other machinery I purchased. It has the 2 speed rear end and a 12 hp kohler ? (I think).......the first $150 gets it......I had it turning over, but not running..........