Craftsman YS4500 LE

/ Craftsman YS4500 LE #1  

ChevyBlazerBoy

Well I originally had purchased a Craftsman LT3000 with hydro and it was damaged in shipping. So sears ordered me a second one and that too was damaged!! I got fed up and told them I wanted a refund. The manager then upgraded me to a YS4500 LE for free so I took the offer. Basically i got a YS4500 LE for 1199.00 but it won't be delivered until next tuesday. Not sure what the difference is from a LT3000 but I know the YS4500 has 22HP B&S V-Twin which is nice and it sits higher. It also has hydro trans, hour meter, gas gauge, and a few other features I don't know about. Does anybody else know what this tractor offers?

/ Craftsman YS4500 LE #3  
ChevyBlazerBoy said:
Well I originally had purchased a Craftsman LT3000 with hydro and it was damaged in shipping. So sears ordered me a second one and that too was damaged!! I got fed up and told them I wanted a refund. The manager then upgraded me to a YS4500 LE for free so I took the offer.

I can find two different machines with the same "YS4500" model number on the Sears site. I'm going on Thursday to order this one:

Sears YS4500

I sure hope I don't have the same issues you had!

/ Craftsman YS4500 LE #4  
Note the review thing at that link on Yahoo is a merchant review and not a review on the machine itself.

-Fordlords-

/ Craftsman YS4500 LE #5  
Fordlords said:
Note the review thing at that link on Yahoo is a merchant review and not a review on the machine itself.

-Fordlords-

And the way I read that review, sears will not take care of you as usual. They sell a descent product with no service? What good is that if there is no service after the sale.
Jim

/ Craftsman YS4500 LE #6  
ChevyBlazerBoy said:
Does anybody else know what this tractor offers?

If it meets your needs with your lot size, etc then I say go for it!

Did you run it past Gatorboy first? :D

/ Craftsman YS4500 LE #7  
ChevyBlazerBoy said:
Well I originally had purchased a Craftsman LT3000 with hydro and it was damaged in shipping. So sears ordered me a second one and that too was damaged!!

If that is not a red flag, I don't know what is. I find it hard to believe you are going for a third -- hoping for 3 times a charm?

/ Craftsman YS4500 LE
Gatorboy said:
If that is not a red flag, I don't know what is. I find it hard to believe you are going for a third -- hoping for 3 times a charm?

Hey I don't care at this point. I have given up all hope in budget lawn equipment and decided to take the risk. If it works out I end up with a tractor worth a lot more than i paid for and if it doesn't, well i will just return it like i did the other two and go somewhere else. :D. If I do get the tractor and it dies I will just set my **** lawn on fire. Burn every last blade of grass down to cracked dry soil, sit back on my deck and drink a beer.

/ Craftsman YS4500 LE
What does it mean to "Purge the hydro" and what does that entail?