Cub Cadet 2166 problem - transmission

/ Cub Cadet 2166 problem - transmission #21  
My father in-law called and said his Cub Cadet went forward for 30'' and in reverse for 30'' and then stoped moving says engine runs fine. I'm going over today to check it out any sugestions. Thanks you all are GREAT!!!!!

/ Cub Cadet 2166 problem - transmission #22  
I have a 2550 club cadet. i changed the trans oil and filter used 5w 40 mobil and genuine filter. Mower was running perfect until oil change. Bleed hydro still no go. I took mower to local cub cadet dealer who could not work out problem($300) bill.He said that hyro pump parts for this model are not avalable here in New zealand. This dealer sold the mower new in 2006. any suggestions on what the problem could be would be appreciated. Cheers.

/ Cub Cadet 2166 problem - transmission #23  
send a email to hydro gear it is there hydro pump on that unit,i am a cadet dealer and have changed the fluid many times on these units,BUT i use the original tranny oil RECOMMENDED by cadet,yah it is pricey but so are tranny repairs

/ Cub Cadet 2166 problem - transmission #24  
I have a 2550 club cadet. i changed the trans oil and filter used 5w 40 mobil and genuine filter. Mower was running perfect until oil change. Bleed hydro still no go. I took mower to local cub cadet dealer who could not work out problem($300) bill.He said that hyro pump parts for this model are not avalable here in New zealand. This dealer sold the mower new in 2006. any suggestions on what the problem could be would be appreciated. Cheers.
What was your bleed procedure?

/ Cub Cadet 2166 problem - transmission #25  
Hi Bleed by pushing down drive pedal several times forward and reverse in disengage position, still had no drive so was told to put on axle stands and rotate wheels several times.Also did same procedure in engage position.Ater having no success I took mower to the dealer.He said he also bleed etc. He said the pump shaft and spinner were probably flogged out. I think he couldnt really be botherd doing any more. With his bill at $300 at this piont.Paid the bill and brougt mower home. I have since taken the plate off the back of the pump and spinner and shaft look fine. The oil I drained was dirty but no silver colouring.thanks for your help.

/ Cub Cadet 2166 problem - transmission #26  
Thanks will try emailing hydro gear. the dealer here said that mobil one 5w 50 fully synthetic was the correct oil whch is what he put in. I had put in sintec 5w 40 fully synthetic. He said that could be the wrong oil so drained and replaced with the mobil 1.$100 for 4 litres and still no go plus $200 labour.

/ Cub Cadet 2166 problem - transmission #27  
was there a problem why the dealer did not use the cub cadet tranny oil in your unit,just a process of elimination i would say unit worked ok before oil change now it does not,if the filter is ok ......then. have your dealer try a new hydro pump to see if it fixes probs,if so maybe your dealer will give you a break since unit was ok before they changed the oil

/ Cub Cadet 2166 problem - transmission #28  
dealer has told me that hydro pumps for the 2000 series are not brought into New zealand. would you have any idea what the cost of a hydro pump would be In the USA? Maybe I could ship one in from there.thanks for your help.
cheers. PS dealer did not have cub cadet oil in stock.

/ Cub Cadet 2166 problem - transmission #29  
"wow" not being able to get parts for a pricey unit like the 2000 series i would be a little upset, here in north america the parts are ordered through cub cadet dealer portal you might find one on "ebay" good luck

dealer has told me that hydro pumps for the 2000 series are not brought into New zealand. would you have any idea what the cost of a hydro pump would be In the USA? Maybe I could ship one in from there.thanks for your help.
cheers. PS dealer did not have cub cadet oil in stock.

/ Cub Cadet 2166 problem - transmission #30  
I just changed the transmission fluid in my 2166. It seemed to work fine; was driving it around the yard. But, a few days later, I went to start it and the 2166 would neither go forward nor reverse. It would not move. I checked the level of the fluid, it seemed fine.

Stumped . . . Any ideas?

Same type of problem for me on a service
,drained 6 quarts out and replaced hydro filter with a non cub cadet but equivalent.
Filled and ran purged and what not and it did not move.

out of curiosity I removed the new filter and reinstalled the old cub filter and boom it takes off
the equivalent after market filter I installed had a bypass built in? and only thing I can figure it was bad but yet the number crossed to that filter.
The oem cub filter did not have the bypass valve built in,so went and bought a 723-3014 cub filter reinstalled topped off fluid and all is good
I did not use cubs fluid I used 15w-40 lucas long drain high tbn 6qts or more or until the dip stick showed upper safe zone.
so that's my 2 cents and it is working fine a year or so later.