GT3200 Differential Lock Broken

/ GT3200 Differential Lock Broken #1  

hgeorgeh

Has anyone had a problem with the diff/lock? My pedal goes to the floor and the cable is not broken. Machine seems to be stuck in normal mode. I was moving dirt and stones with my Johnny Bucket when this happened.. I have about 120 hours on the machine, it out of warantee and I took it to the dealer. He called cub and they told him your not supposed to engage the diff lock when the tractor is moving??? there's nothing about this in the owners manual.. I'm probably looking at about an 800 dollar repair.. Any comments?

thanks.

/ GT3200 Differential Lock Broken #2  
The only caution in my 3235 manual is the danger to the turf on manicured lawns if engaged on turns. It also mentions that depressing the brake pedal engages the diff lock. If the diff lock was not supposed to be engaged while moving, it would seem that the brake should not be used either while moving.
I almost always engage mine while moving - 4 years and 200 hours.

Bob B.

/ GT3200 Differential Lock Broken #3  
Sorry to hear about your differential. The dealer should have told you to stop or at least slow down before engaging the differential. The same thing happened to my dad. I tore down the transmission and found that a fork engages a collar with 4 pegs on it into the differential housing. In my dad's case all of the pegs wore tore off, hence no differential. He now comes to a complete stop before engaging the diff lock on his 3240 and has had no problems since.

/ GT3200 Differential Lock Broken
Thanks guys... it's good to know others have had the problem. The dealer called me yesterday and said he had called cub (mtd) and they are aware of the problem and it is caused by engaging the diff while moving... I can't believe they haven't changed the owners manual. I downloaded the 2007 (I have a 05) and there is no mention of it... I can't believe they haven't put some kind of warning or light or disabling linkage on the pedal.. Oh well... live and learn..