Cub Cadet i1046 Zero Turn Brake Sticking problem

/ Cub Cadet i1046 Zero Turn Brake Sticking problem #1  

LoveMyDogs

Hi, I have a cub cadet i1046 zero turn riding mower that has had an intermittent brake sticking problem. I release the brake and the left back tire will not turn because the brake is jammed. I put some WD-40 on the brake under the seat and kept working the brake pedal and it finally broke loose. Has anyone else had this problem? Also the PTO fuse blew for no apparent reason. I replaced it and it is running fine now. I have had this for only 1 year. Also, when it died, I pulled out the bypass rods as directed in the manual to move the tractor manually but the back left tire never engaged the bypass transmission. The right side engaged just fine.. when we pushed it, the back right tire was rolling and the back left was not. Anyone else had this problem? Is it related to the brake sticking? Thanks for all help!!

/ Cub Cadet i1046 Zero Turn Brake Sticking problem #2  
Take it to your dealer and have the brake gap adjusted. This was a problem on early models.

/ Cub Cadet i1046 Zero Turn Brake Sticking problem #3  
Hey,

Thanks for the tip. I have the same model but I bought it this summer 2 month ago. I had the same problem recently with my left rear tire :). I suspect it's weak springs that deal with releasing the brakes back. I ride on some dusty areas but when inspecting the brake system it is most likely spring + dust=cause this to happen. Once lubricating the problem went away. Beats taking my machine to dealer especially if I try to get stuff over weekend they are closed :).

/ Cub Cadet i1046 Zero Turn Brake Sticking problem #4  
This definitely related to rear brakes. I raised my tractor form back side with both of the rear tires up in the AIR. Then pulled bypass rods to check each wheel. Right was fine but left was jammed. Once I feed/released jammed brake the left tire was able to spin. So WD-40 this puppy. My guess this would be avoidable if manufacturer spent little more on the brake system. It looks flimsy. Other than that I love my machine :):)