cub cadet 1200

/ cub cadet 1200 #1  

georgia plow boy

Bronze Member
I found an cab cadet 1200 its a 1976 model I think with the deck its in decent shape its selling for $850.00 I thought that was a little high could someone please give me a little info about these old g/t and what would be a fair price thanks

/ cub cadet 1200 #2  
I agree that it's a little high. More like a $400-500 tractor in my area. If I remember correctly, it's the entry level tractor with a manual tranny from the Quiet Line series. Has the cast iron Kohler in it, but other than that, nothing razzle dazzle about it.

/ cub cadet 1200
ya its got the 3 forward 1 rev. in 12 Kohl engine I thought what you said was about right fair price around $400.00

/ cub cadet 1200 #4  
Maybe it has the rear sleeve hitch? or extra attachments like a tiller, front blade or something? And I didn't mean to imply that the manual tranny is inferior to the hydro, This era Cub Cadet was known for it's VERY strong manual trannies, and they are sought after by garden tractor pullers today.

/ cub cadet 1200
I found out it was a 1979 It doesn't have any equipment with it other than the mower deck I talked with him and the lowest he said he would take is $750.00 he said he had more than that in parts that he has put on in the last few years. I believe him but still I dont want his lose to turn into my lose also so I think $400.00 is as high as I need to go thanks for the help y'all

/ cub cadet 1200 #6  
I wonder what kinds of parts he put into it? I mean I can put a $2000 paint job on a $50 car and I'll have a really pretty $50 car, or does this tractor have a new short block, or new tranny gears? Something that actually would increase the value of the tractor?