cub cadet 1200

/ cub cadet 1200 #1  

georgia plow boy

Bronze Member
I found a cub cadet 1200 its a 75 or 76 I think its in fair shape with a mower deck could any one please tell me any thing about this g/t/ pros and cons and what would be a fair price its on sell for $850.00 I thought this was a little high any info would be appericated thanks

/ cub cadet 1200 #2  
I traded in a 1978 1450, with 44 inch deck (deck had a small repaired rust hole) and a hydraulic angled snow plow, on a $7000 3235 package in 2004. The dealer gave me $400 trade-in and said it was hard to justify more when they were selling brand new 1000 series mowers for a little over $1000 with warranty. The 1450 was running well but had 1100 hours on it.

Bob B.

/ cub cadet 1200 #3  
The 1200 is a good workhorse, but the Quietlines do occasionally have issues with the engine iso mounts, and the flex couplers on each end of the drive shaft.

I bought a 1250 (which is the same as yours, but with a hydro transmission) that came with brinly hitch, plow, deck, new tires all around, chains, and a cart for $900. I think it was a fair price, but not a great price for me. Don't know what the hours are on it, but it's in decent shape with almost no rust and a slight dent in the rear fender.

Based on my little experience I'd say the $850 was too high. Probably more like $600 as long as there aren't engine, transmission or rust problems.

/ cub cadet 1200
I found out its a 1979 and $750.00 is the least he will take it only comes with mower deck He said hes spent $700.00 on it in the last two years I'm not going to dispute him but I dont want his loss to be mine also so $400.00 is all am going to offer thanks for your help

/ cub cadet 1200 #5  
They sell for in good condition for an average of $600-650. For $750 it would have to be in superb condition, with either a new engine or new mower deck. $400 might be a bit of a lowball offer, the old 1000 series GT's are very popular among collectors so I doubt he will just give it away. Even though it is almost 30 years old, if cared for well it will still outlast any of those new box store lawn jobs out there.

-Fordlords-

/ cub cadet 1200 #6  
Check out the engine mounting bolts. They have 2 rails mounted on rubber bushings. The crankcase bolts to the rails, 2 bolts per side. The bolts work loose (mine were missing completely) and then the engine can drop down and wear the aluminum pan. A good test is to grab the cylinder head and try rocking the engine back & forth.

Bob B.