Cub cadet RZT 50 hydrostatic transmission

/ Cub cadet RZT 50 hydrostatic transmission #1  

Cub Cadet

Tractor
Cub Cadet RZT 50
I have a Cub cadet RZT 50 when it's been running for about 45 min. the hydrostatic transmission stops working, mostly the left side. The oil is full. I was told it could be the pumps, transmissions or needs adjusting. it started when it had about 50 hrs. on it, when it first started doing this I asked the dealers they told me to grease all the fittings.
My husband bought it he has passed away and I need help. I called the only repair shop around they told me it needed new transmissions they charged $65.00 an hr. I told them I called one of the 800#s and it needed to have a pressure test done on the relief valve to see if it was working right they said it would take 2 hrs.
will changing the oil correct the problem? Does anyone know where I can buy a shop manual that shows how to repair this lawn mower? not the owners manual or what the problem is.
Thank You
Rose Mary

/ Cub cadet RZT 50 hydrostatic transmission #2  
I had the same problem with the same machine. After 3 years and 200 hours, the left transmission started slipping. The dealer said that it was shot, and that I also needed the right transmission replaced. Estimated cost was almost $2000!

Cub Cadet service & customer support was no help. Several times, I got bounced back & forth between the dealer (who blamed cub) and cub (who kept sending me back to the dealer with requests for estimates and suggestions to just change the transmission oil). The dealer, who advertises cub cadet, said that "all of those RZT mower transmissions die very early". Finally, cub service just said "sorry - we can't help".

I ended up scrapping it and buying a better brand. $3000 for 200 hours of service, means that I essentially rented the RZT-50 for $15 per hour! When you add in gas & my labor, a lawn service would have been better ;)